Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, March 2, 2015

What a week!



Ugh. This week man. I guess we will start with the 2 longest days of my sad existence. 
So, as you know, I went on exchanges with a crazy missionary to a little place called Elfrida, AKA Hell. Please pray for me that I never have to go back. PLEASE. This isn't a joke I want to cry even typing about it. It's a town of about 2 people, who live like 45 minutes apart from each other, the landscaping is pure desert gloom. So I get there, already half depressed because there is nothing beautiful or happy about it, and right before we go to bed Elder Jones pulls out "By the way I have night terrors so if I start screaming in the middle of the night just come wake me up." and I'm like. "You're kidding me." Well, I didn't freaking sleep that night. He wasn't lying, boy did he scream. He also likes to sleep talk, ALL NIGHT. And he doesn't say the most charming things. I have never been so tired in my life, I maybe got 1 hour. TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER THO...:D It was 45 and raining the next day, and guess what he planned!? That's right! SERVICE FOR 8 HOURS!! Couldn't be happier :) Good thing all I packed was shorts and a t shirt! :) So I wasn't even cold at all :))) We get to the service site and shovel rocks into a hole for 3 hours, so fun. By the time my body was numb we left, went to another house, I guess you could call it a house? And let me just say those people need to be put in prison. We arrive and CPS is already chillin there, the kids looked like they got beat pretty regularly, the little ones still couldn't talk and were in diapers (unchanged) probably from 5-6 years old. The little girls kept hugging me, I don't think they have ever been shown love, it was sad. The dogs just went to the bathroom in the house the kids had feces all over them, it wasn't good. Hopefully they get taken away honestly. 
 
After that dramatic episode we go out back and the guy we were talking to just pulls out a gun and shoots one of their goats twice in the head, then turns to us "You guys wanna help me butcher it?" Uhm. no. Well, we did. (Elder Jones likes cutting things and blood..) I think it was God's test for me to see if I really wanted to try to become a surgeon or something like that. I passed!! It honestly wasn't bad at all, guess I don't really have a weak stomach cause boy was it bloody. Best part, we got to eat it after!!! So freaking gross. I am convinced southern AZ is a 3rd world country, I'd feel safer in Columbia honestly. ANYWAY. I won't bore you with the rest of that journey.
I have never been so happy in my life as I was when I saw Elder Deyarmond again haha. We had a good week besides that. We moved Gracie and Chris's baptism to next weekend, it works better with our schedule and everything is a go as of right now! Wayne (the crazy awesome black guy that got drafted to the seahawks)  is pretty much our best friend, he takes us bowling every week and buys us food all the time, him and Amanda just need to get married so we can baptize him!!
I also got pretty cut up this week, you will prolly see from my pics. We cut down mesquite trees for like 3 hours and I'm pretty sure God didn't create those Satan did. Those things are beastly.
Anyway the work is still great, life is nuts, the Church is true if ya didn't know. God loves us a lot look how awesome of a place this world is? (For the most part) and this is just our Probation state? Dang. 
Love yall with all my freaking heart.
Love, Elder Mitchell <3 :'D ;ppp







No comments:

Post a Comment