Man this week people...so up and down. I'll start with Monday.
Monday: I CUT MY FREAKING FINGER OFF. Almost had to go get some stitches but I decided I wanted a sick scar for the memories. In all reality I could have gotten stitches but I'll be fine with out them. I basically cut from the edge finger my fingernail (the side) off. I didn't take a picture because it hurt too bad. Amanda (my bff Jill) said she would sew it up for me (she just got her nursing license) I decided no haha.
Tuesday: Met these LEGIT latino ladies, one of them speaks no English so we got ourselves a translator. They are originally catholic but they have been talking to missionaries forever. They told us "As much as we love our Catholic church, we don't feel the same when we leave there as when we leave the Mormon church, we know it is true." OKAY LADIES I LOVE YOU. (I only say ladies because they have the most un-prounouncable mexi names ever) But the story doesn't end on this wonderful Tuesday (sadly)
Wednesday: District meeting wassup. I got to pick what I trained on so I decided to train on personal conversion..because the missionaries in my district don't really have that in their lives yet haha. It went really well, I had everyone bear their testimonies about how their mission has changed their lives, and others as well, the spirit was thick. We met with the latino ladies again and lesson went so freaking good it was crazy, we set a date for the 18th for them to get baptized and they were so excited. We set up a lesson with them Thursday at
4:30.
Thursday: Wayne (my main negro literally) took us bowling, and what you are about to hear is a true story...6 strikes in a row big boys, finally almost broke 200, but I didn't lol. My bowling game will never die. There is also this chick named Katie that is really good friends with Wayne and Amanda (I really need to send a picture of these 2 because they are literally our best friends and they are so freaking cool ugh.) Katie isn't religious but she is the sweetest girl ever, and lately every time we go over to Wayne and Amanda's, Katie shows up too because she thinks we are so cool haha. She started following us on IG and the next day she was like "So I creeped on your instagram and you two are literally the 2 coolest people I've ever met." and we were like lol yeah whatever, but she was dead serious and asking us if we will still be friends with her when we get home so we were like of course Katie!! and then she asked if we could start teaching her a little bit about our church aghhhh so cool. she is like 24.
Bad News: So about these latinos..they called right before our lesson on Thursday and just straight up dropped us. they were like "you guys don't believe in the bible and we don't ever wanna see you again we just wanna be catholic blah blah blah." and I was like "what?!!? are you talking about?!? we believe in the bible?!?! but they wouldn't listen and just hung up...so no more of them :(...but me and Elder D. are 95% sure they will come around, they just wouldn't listen to the correct info. They talk a lot with a mexican guy in our ward, we know they will come around again.
Friday: Elder Mariluch came down to Tucson and said hi to me!!! It was freaking amazing! (he was my zone leader in the Gila valley and one of my very best friends, went home a couple months ago) I'll send pics it was so freaking good to see him.
Saturday: Idk.
Sunday: Holy this is intense. So we get a call from a guy in our ward, kinda sketchy guy. And he was like, I have this neighbor that has all sorts of issues, I dunno how to help him but can you guys just come over and talk to him...we are like uh..k. So we go over and he gives us the deal, this guy is like 25, former marine, been in THE WORST CAR ACCIDENT EVER. Body is half metal, been divorce, now has a kid with this 19 year old chick who is the love of his life, but she doesn't feel the same. So he wants to kill himself, literally, he tells us about how he just sits there crying on the couch with a gun in his hand, then right before he is about to pull the trigger he just can't do it, and it's just a never ending cycle...he just hates God and wants to die..so anyway we talk to him for like an hour...just about everything, Elder D. was crying, it was so intense. I can't really go into it, but we shared a couple of videos, one is "The Hope of God's Light" and the other is "The Refiners Fire" both super good mormon messages. By the end he felt a lot better and decided he was gonna fight through it, even though it's gonna suck, but he wants to change. So we are meeting with him today and he is gonna watch general conference with us this week, and start coming to church. His name is Dave.
Gosh sorry this is so long so much stuff goes on. EVERYONE WATCH GENERAL CONFERENCE. Literally what could be more important than hearing what God needs the world to know for the next 6 months? I'm pumped for it. Have a freaking great week! Happy Easter :DDDDDDDD #BecauseHeLives
-Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment