Well as my beloved Elder Newman stated, starting emails is not my strong suit either. Or Subject Lines. My deepest apologies.
This week was nuts. So many things happened I could literally probably write a novel on it, I'll try to spare the details but I have a feeling this will be one of my longer (not as interesting) emails.
So first off it was Elder Deyarmond's birthday, big boy is 19, finally. Of course we celebrated. The sisters and I planned a surprise for him...we got him a Michigan shirt (he's obsessed with his home town of Dorr) and asked him if we could all take a picture with him in the shirt, so the whole zone gets behind him and his pumped for the picture, then Sister Afemata slammed a pie in his face right as the picture took. Ahhh good times. I think I have the pic hold up.
We also had 0 dinners this week for some reason? So we had to eat out like every night...but we had no money left for the month so on Wednesday (Elder D's bday) we went home and started making mac n cheese cuz that's what you do on missions and we get a text from our home boy Wayne and he's like "wassup" and we are like "cooking mac n cheese" and he's like "you guys are idiots come over right now" So we dumped our mac n cheese and went over and him and Amanda (his member gf) were like k we are going to Texas Roadhouse. Can someone say #blessed. Did that, then they fed us salmon the next night, so good. Got Elder D a bunch of presents, it was swell :)
I also just happened to find out that a guy I reactivated in the Gila Valley is going to the temple in a few weeks to receive his endowments!!! :D Ohmygoodness so happy, so we get to go soon to be there with him along with both Elder Prices :D Reunited at last.
HOLY GET READY THIS IS INTENSE SEMI LONG STORY:
So there is this chick Christina she is like my age exactly and has been coming to church for a while with this family she knows (secretly been coming) her family doesn't know, they think she has been going to a Catholic church every week, they hate mormons surprise surprise. We talked to her forever ago about it and she was like "You don't understand, I know this church is true, but if my parents found out they would never talk to me again." Then a talk popped in my head about a guy converting to the church from catholisism and how his family disowned him and all the good stuff, and I said something like "Well you know they will be thankful someday that you made the right decision even if they don't know it now." Anyway...nothing really came out of it, she was too scared to take lessons or get baptized and that was that.
K SO WE GET A FREAKING TEXT ON THURSDAY: Hello blah blah this is Christina and I want to take the lessons. HOLHYASOIUY FJFK LAS OKAY! So we have been working with her, we have an appt. with her on Wednesday and she has just been texting us every day asking us questions...she was at church on Sunday and cried the WHOLE 3 HOURS she was just like "I'm so happy I can finally do this." and she said she can't stop feeling the spirit and she can't stop crying haha it'll be rough to teach her, BUT SO FREAKING COOL AHH ITS SO COOL TO BE A MISSIONARY.
Another guy also showed up to church named Dick..(Richard prolly) and he's like yeah I'm ready to get baptized. Ok I don't know what I did to get people asking ME to get them baptized, we literally are over flowing with work, by far the most baptisms by a companionship in the entire mission, its just nuts. #blessedagain.
Also, district meeting went well, I talked about leaving commitments at the end of lessons. This week I get to choose the topic and I'm thinking "Our Personal Conversion" idk. we will see how it goes. Being a DL is intense. GOSH SO MUCH MORE STUFF TO TALK ABOUT BUT I'LL LEAVE IT THERE BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT ALL OF YOU SO MUCH
I LOVE YOU GUYS AHHHHHHHH
-Elder Mitchell < 333333333333333333333333333333 333333333333333333333333333333
I got your package and it was a miracle! First of all mother, your packages are the best in the mission so don;t even stress I promise. I love them, second...so we got home with no dinner, no money, no food (I have money I just only spend the money I get monthly I try to save everything else) and we are like crap what are we going to do. Then Ups knocks on the door. boom, your package. open it up. boom 25 bucks to chilis. saved our lives, me and Elder Deyarmond were so grateful thanks so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment