Wassup...
K sorry I took so long, and didn't have time to email Joey to help with his talk...I have been trying to think of things I could share to help him, it's been hard! I'm sure you guys have seen more than I have how me being on a mission has blessed your lives...to me it seems like everything has been going awesome since I left! But that's probably just because you guys only tell me all the good stuff that is going on haha.
If I have learned one thing from my mission it would probably be that people that follow God's commandments and live the gospel (faithful members of our church) are extremely blessed. The difference is insane. As a missionary I get to talk to every different kind of person in our church, and those out of it. I talk to super rich people and SUPER poor people. Homeless people, drug addicts, people in prison, people going to prison, people that just got out of prison haha. Everyone. And it's easy to tell with every single person you visit if they live the gospel or not. I talk to people that seem to have a lot, but they don't go to church, or follow the commandments, and just everything about them is different. Even people in our ward (we live in a super poor area of town) that come to church every Sunday and do what they are supposed to do are so happy! Way happier than the people that don't follow but have much more. It's funny because so many people for some reason don't like us, and when we ask them why they never have an answer. Because all we are doing is trying to be good people and help others! And 95% of the time the people that don't like us are Christians. Just the other day we were knocking doors, and we got to one house that had a cross on the door with a scripture from the Bible under it, those houses are always interesting. A lady answered and she just looked super mad we were there, she started breathing super hard and looked like she was about to attack us...so we gave our little "Hey we are the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ, have you ever talked to missionaries before?" She said "Oh yes I have." "Oh cool, how did that go?" "Not well at ALL." "Oh really? Why not?""Because you people don't believe in ANYTHING we believe in." "Really? Like what?" "Like God! and the Trinity!" "Oh, are you Catholic?" "AM I CATHOLIC?!! Can you idiots read?" *points to the Bible scripture* ""Ma'am Catholics believe in the Trinity and the Holy Bible"...she says, "I belong to Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer, He died for me, He walked this Earth, He was the Son of God, He was resurrected on the third day and He lives, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?!" "Well we believe in EVERYTHING you just said." She just screamed and slammed the door in our face...okay...people are so confused. Anyway, I deal with people like that every day, they get so flustered that we are always calm and that 2 teenage boys are happier than they are despite the fact we can't even watch TV or listen to the radio.
I don't even know what I'm talking about, but I hope that this can give you something to talk about in your talk! You'll do great, all I know is that being out here has definitely blessed ME. And that the Church is definitely true, if you want physical proof of that, just look at people that live it vs. people that don't. It's easy to see!
Love you guys!
Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment