How the heck are ya.
Things are just swell as ever. We were anxious as heck thinking one of
us might be transferred for our last 4 weeks...BUT WE ALRIGHT. So
Elder Argyle and I will die in the ghettos of Central Ward in 30 days
whyyyyyy. It's so weird. Elder Silverwood heads home on
Wednesday.
Update on some investigators cause that's our life honestly: Richard
and 2 of his kids will be getting baptized this weekend! His wife
Vinessa needs to wait till she can quit smoking :/ but she'll make it.
Their family is STRUGGLING temporally though. I actually gave them $20
cause hey literally had $0, no gas, no way to pay rent or anything. We
got them a bunch of food from the Bishop's Storehouse, they were super
grateful. They are a good family, things just aren't really working
for them right now. It's really sad, we look rich compared to them and
we live off $120/month.
Melissa and Anthony are doing pretty solid too, getting baptized in 2 weeks!!!
Then 2 weeks after Doug and Kim are getting married AND baptized!! YAY <3
It's still really hot and people are dying it's crazy. The weather is
so extreme here...one minute you have 115 degrees and the next
hurricane force winds and flooding haha WHAT.
Still one of my favorite quotes from my entire mission...back in the
good old days of East Zone, we were doing a service project for the
homeless and the lady literally said "DON'T GIVE THEM SHAVING RAZORS,
IT GETS SO HOT THEY WILL LITERALLY KILL THEMSELVES." Oh my goodness.
That's so bad haha. That's so hot.
Life is just dandy I wish I had more to say folks...EXCEPT FOR JAKE
SORRY I MISSED YOUR FAREWELL BUT I LISTENED TO IT AND YOU ROCKED IT
LOVE YOU MAN. Also happy Jordan made it home alive <3
No pics of me crying </3
LOVE,
ELDER MITCHELL
No comments:
Post a Comment