Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, July 4, 2016

Living in a Hipster's Paradise

Happy 4th everyone <3 Next time I'll be there to play with the sparklers :D

It's been a classic Tucsonian week. Weird as heck. I'll try to just explain things simply and succinctly.

Here is a look at my life:

10:30ish pm: Go to bed. Look up at all of our glow in the dark stars on the ceiling and ponder life. (it's honestly the best)

5:40 am: Alarm goes off and I pass away. But still get up and go work out at Rogelio's house.

5:50 am: Walk out the door to a sudden burst of heat and look really confused cause it's so early in the morning and shouldn't be this hot. (feels literally the same as when you open the oven to check on your food and it burns your eyebrows off that's the best way to describe it, it just catches you way off guard)

5:53 am: Still walking to car cause it's so far away and feeling like maybe I actually got mistakenly sent to Guatemala cause it's super humid and ridiculously loud cause these screaming bugs love when it's hot outside. 

The rest of the day: Talk to crazy homeless people. Visit apartment complexes that house 99% refugees so you feel like you're in Somalia. Get stuck in huge monsoons that flood the streets so you have to park on the side of the road for 30 minutes waiting for it to go down. (I'll send some more videos) Deal with super rude people that try to start fights and cuss at you.

It's honestly so fun. And if anyone thought that Tucson wouldn't be a crazy awesome place to serve (I certainly didn't) then you were dead wrong. This place is NUTS.

Fav quote of the week: "The only difference between South Tucson and Africa is Law Enforcement." -Elder Argyle.
Amen to that my friend.  

Other cool fun stuff that happened this week:

I got to participate in my first baby blessing haha weird.

Bore my testimony FOR THE LAST TIME in fast and testimony meeting as a full time missionary. 

Walked around downtown Tucson and saw really weird stuff.

Didn't see the sun basically all week cause it just rained every day.

That's really kinda it...just weird crazy stuff that is too hard to explain over email. And it's just becoming such a normal thing that it kinda doesn't phase me. I feel like i'm gonna be so weird and awkward when I get home cause my whole life is weird and awkward down here. ALTHOUGH I did have a super solid convo with this chick from Tilly's earlier today and I was like who knows maybe I'll be okay haha.

LOVES <'3

Elder Mitchell 








No comments:

Post a Comment