Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, July 25, 2016

I'll Never Be The Same

Words alone are not adequate to describe how I feel. Looking back 2 years feels like 2 months. The words of a song keep floating around my mind, the song is called "Apostles", but I feel like the title can easily be changed to "Missionaries". 

Here we stand along this road,
That winds its way out to the coast.
Fare thee well, our arms embrace,
Resolution on each face.

We feel no fear, taste no doubt,
Beyond the refiners fire now. 
We pray the surge of heavens pow'r, 
Finds us in this farewell hour.

Let the windows to their souls,
See the miracles we know.
Let salvation find their hearts,
Looking towards the evening stars.

And if I die, let me die,
Leave my witness, take my life.
And when that morning sun is shown,
Resurrections light I'll go...

And though we walk these lands alone,
Let our words outlive our bones,
'Til the revelator's light,
Fills the world with our Christ.

 Although a mission is a great big refiners fire, I still have a long way to go. Like dad said: Life is a grindstone, whether it polishes you up, or grinds you down--depends on what you're made of. I feel like my mission has polished and refined me more than anything else could have. I'll be forever grateful that I decided to serve, it's changed the way I view practically everything, changed my habits and desires, changed my heart. 

I've seen real miracles, I've seen people's lives totally change. I've seen the damage that comes from not living the gospel. I know who I am, and what I want to be. 

Elder Argyle and I baptized Richard and Vinessa on Saturday, plus their 7 kids who will eventually be baptized, that makes 14 people we brought into the church these past 10 weeks. It's been a blast serving in the ghettos of Tucson. 

We have a Father in Heaven who loves us, a Savior who knows us, and they love to help us. 

Feel free to email me throughout the day, I'd love to talk some!
See most of you in less than 60 hours.
Thanks for the support, you guys made my mission the best 2 years of my life. 

Love, for the last time,
Elder Mitchell :D

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment