Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, July 18, 2016

Umm.

Well, I guess this is my last full week as a full time missionary. 

It really doesn't feel real, I don't feel ready at all. I guess I feel ready physically, and spiritually, just not emotionally. I try to look back on all the things I've learned on my mission, and how I've changed, and it's almost impossible. 

I heard an analogy that describes it well...apparently redwoods take FOREVER to grow. The seed grows so slow that it's almost imperceptible. You pay really close attention to it and it seems like nothing is happening, so you walk away for a while only to come back to a forest of trees over 200ft tall. That's what God does with us. One day we look back on our lives, or my mission, and we don't even recognize the change that took place, just that we've grown a heck of a lot, and we're not really sure how it happened haha. 

I'm beyond excited though. The anxiety is different this time around. Leaving home I was going into something unknown, leaving behind everything I knew. Now I'm going into something I mostly know...but so much has changed, and I'm still leaving everything behind. It's so weird. That's the best way I can describe it.

It's going to be a good last week. Richard and Vinessa got approved to get baptized this weekend, so we'll finish our last weekend with 2 baptisms. #Blessed. 

We took Craig (our drunk less active) out to Texas Roadhouse. He loved it, had such a good time. Really appreciated it. Thanks pop!!

Yep so love all of you...don't really know what's going on. But I'll talk to you all next week for the last time. Then we'll embrace <3

Love, Elder Mitchell <'3

No comments:

Post a Comment