Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, July 11, 2016

A Moment of Silence

Ironically the weeks are just getting stranger. I think Satan is
trying to kill me before I get home, and I would really just like to finish, so prayers please.

I can't explain how I feel so i'll just tell you all that happened this week and hopefully it will suffice.

We often get treated like counsellors...which isn't quite what I signed up for but it seems like that's all Elder Argyle and I do :D I just think it's funny, and kinda impressive that everyone looks to 2 unexperienced high school grads to solve all their problems, and they legitimately believe that we will fix them! They think that with the name tag comes along some special powers (even though it does) not the kind of powers they're looking for haha.

Richard and Vinessa got their kids taken by CPS, again. Although it's probably good for the kids, and a good opportunity for them to get some things worked out, it's really sad. You don't really know what to do or say when a grown man calls you, bawling, and asks for your help.We showed up and they were both just crying. The worst part was when he told us the kids asked if they would still be able to see the missionaries as CPS was taking them away. We are going over right now to see if they'll let us see the kids. They are such a great family,with so much potential, everything is just going wrong for them right now. Richard still came to church yesterday, despite all of it. They really want to get baptized.

We also visited a less active guy named Craig. We've been visiting him for a while...it's so sad haha, everyone is so sad. It's not funny,but it kinda is, it's just ridiculous the people you meet. Craig is aHARDCORE alcoholic. Used to be a hardcore drugee too, and a drug dealer. He's spent quite a bit of time in prison, but he's a veteran,and grew up in Ogden. This sounds horrible but he honestly reminds me a lot of Grandpa Glenn, I think that's why I enjoy going over so much,but Craig is much worse of a guy than grandpa is haha. We had a funny convo the other day. Went like this: "I need to be a better Christian.Give up something...maybe alcohol, cigarettes, sleeping with multiple
women. Nah, I think I'll keep that one.
"Us: "mmmmk"
Next!

Boy this one is sad. We got a referral for a lady named Michelle, so we called her and set up an appt for yesterday at 3. On our way over we got a call from her and we couldn't understand her at all she was just crying. So we finally found her place, it was so bad...probably the most ghetto place I've been so far, maybe ties with some of the other parts of our area. It smelled so bad, no a/c (just like every other place we visit, I feel like it should be illegal not to have a/cin AZ) flies everywhere. Just white brick walls, concrete floors, no lights. It felt more like a prison in Central America..I kid you not.Her place was such a mess. We found her bawling on her porch, she continued to tell us that her husband left her, that he moved in with his girlfriend that she didn't know about, and they've only been married for 3 months. She was pretty uncontrollable, all we could do was offer to give her a blessing, which we did. I shared some scriptures about trials, and how we can view them as opportunities to grow. Then we left...it was rough.

We had something really cool happen though! I'm gonna wrap this email up...but long story short we got a referral for a Muslim dude that has read and prayed about the Book Of Mormon and wants to get baptized. He is from Jordan and when his family found out he was studying the Book of Mormon they disowned him, and if he joins he will be killed, very intense, that's why he ran away to Tucson. SOO SICK.

We had our baptism for Melissa and Anthony!! Went really well. Things are so good, I'm not ready to head home yet...really nervous, don't know how to act, ugh.

I can't believe Jake leaves tomorrow. YOU'RE GONNA BE SUCH A STUD MAN! Don't worry about anything...you'll be fine, and you'll do great.You'll honestly have so much fun. Get ready for the craziest adventure of your life!
Love you all <3
Elder Mitchell




No comments:

Post a Comment