Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, June 6, 2016

It's Mexico! It's Africa! No, it's Tucson.

Sometimes you really can't tell man. One minute I'm the only white
person within a 5 mile radius, and the next it's just good ole mercia.
They have this MASSIVE Swap Meet down in South Tucson, and once you
enter, it's Mexico. No lie. There were 0 white people. And everyone
speaks Spanish haha. It feels really similar to the street markets in
China 💔 I miss you Davis 😢 But hey, at least this place has got some
personality. Definitely not lacking there...just in grass. And water.
And coldness.

SPEAKING OF. It's been brutal this past week. Brutal. A couple days
ago it hit 111. ONE ONE ONE. I thought I was used to it. I'm not. I
can't even breathe. Today it's supposed to be 108. It was like 100
already at 9 this morning. Yayyyyy Tucson. I've missed you summer.

But I wasn't kidding about the Africa part either. We have this
trailer park next to us (pretty sure it's abandoned) called "Desert
Willows" aka Somalia. It's the most ghetto thing I have ever set foot
in. I promise I would rather live in a mud hut in Africa, I kid you
not. Zero sarcasm. "But what about A/C Jesse?" THEY HAVE NONE IN
DESERT WILLOWS. You may ask "Wouldn't you rather have clean running
water?" Tucson barely has that, I would be surprised if Desert Willows
did. It's just bad. So bad. The people there...ugh it just makes me
mad/sad/confused.

K so other stuff we are really busy still. We set a couple more
baptismal dates this week so we are currently at...7. Heck yeah half
way there buddy. We have 2 baptisms this week. One for a Navajo guy
named Sam, and another for a kid named Damion. I'll send pics. But
yeah SO BUSY. Really grateful though. I feel like Liza rn not even
speaking English and skipping out on every important detail I'm sorry.

Honestly that's probably what you need to know. I'm still getting fed
very well thanks to this sweet old Spaniard man named Rogelio. He
feeds us every other day. He fed us breakfast this morning, and we
work out at his house every morning. He's a SAINT.

OH DANG I forgot...we had Zone conference this week too...AND GUYS IT
WAS SO NICE TO NOT HAVE TO TRAIN ON ANYTHING. I just sat back, and
took notes, and listened. It was weird being on the other side though.
I was just sitting there the whole time like "You guys have no idea
what you're doing you're just pretending to be confident cause nobody
knows the difference" Except me. Hahah.

Love and miss you all so much.. Thanks for all your emails and prayers
and hugs and kisses in a few weeks.

Last full month as a full time missionary :/

-Elder Mitchell

USU crew


No comments:

Post a Comment