Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, May 2, 2016

I Feel Like I'll Never Be Stressed Again.

IT'S OVER. I DID IT.

Holy heck man, I didn't eat for a week. It's super nice to feel a huge
amount of anxiety flee. I feel like I can do anything now lol.
Way too much to report on, it won't all fit. I'll try to give the
important details!

So obviously stress was way high, we were so busy Sunday-Tuesday
prepping to make sure the whole mission knew what was going down and
everyone was prepared. We had a mini MLC on Tuesday where I received
some solid revelation that went something like this.. "Jesse, do you
realize that Elder Jeffery R. Holland is coming tomorrow...literally
one of the 15 most important people in the world, and you are
conducting. You have to do something sick tonight...just in case you
don't make it out of the meeting."

So then I had a few thoughts come into my head:
1. We have a fireplace
2. We have a ton of hot chocolate
3. There are like 20 missionaries staying in your complex tonight
Conclusion...
Have a bonfire testimony meeting while drinking hot chocolate with all
the missionaries.
SO WE DID IT AND IT WAS SO SICK. We all bore our testimonies on why we
decided to serve missions, and it turned out to be a sweet experience
for everyone. Thank you spirit <3

I felt 100% fine the night before, super confident in my abilities, I
had practiced, and I was ready! Then I woke up and wanted to stay in
bed for the rest of my life. The pre-game butterflies hit me hard man.
But the worst part was getting to the stake center and seeing
everyone. There are way more missionaries than I realized and everyone
was just super excited and I was terrified. So I went and threw up
everything I ate that morning. For real. Then I felt fine. Haha.

Elder Holland walked into the gym to take a picture with us and
everything just went silent, we took a pic, he cracked some jokes,
then we went into the chapel shaking his hand as we walked in (I got
pics of all this I just have to wait for Sister Passey to send them to
me) And he destroyed our souls with his eyes as we shook his hand
haha. That was fun. "Elder Mitchell, Bountiful UT." *run away before I
die*

So I go sit up on the stand with Elder Elton and Elder Holland comes
up and SITS RIGHT FREAKING NEXT TO ME. Face to face. We talked for a
few minutes about who even knows what and he asks if I'm conducting,
then asks for all my conducting papers and crosses out some stuff and
puts some new things in the program then gives it back to me. HOLY. I
still have the papers btw...his handwriting is beautiful <3

Then I conducted...and nailed it. And that was that.

Elder Holland talked about the "Enabling Power of the Atonement" and
what that really means. The guy is a genius man. He talked at the
pulpit for about 15 minutes then walked around the congregation and
used the white board for the rest of the time.

One thing has stuck with me from the meeting..he said something along
the lines of "I gave up my agency when I became an Apostle..I cannot
willingly and knowingly sin. I can't, I gave up that choice." HOLY
INTENSE. Among other things, it was great. Elder Robbins also gave his
same training he gave to us at MLC a few months ago...super good.

Honestly..that's about all my brain will let me email. I'll talk to
the fam on Sunday and you can ask me any questions you want. WHICH BTW
LAST TIME SEEING YOU GUYS BEFORE I GET HOME DANGGGGG. It's gonna be
sweet! I feel like I just saw you guys? Haha.

Last thing....we did go up to the temple on Saturday with Amanda, it
was super sweet! The Mesa temple is awesome. We drove up with 2 gay
dudes. It would blow your mind how many gay members live in
Tucson...we have 5 ACTIVE gay members in our ward...and there are a
bunch more in the other wards. They are so funny, and they flirt with
us and it's super awkward but hilarious. Ahhhh the mission. I'm gonna
miss it. I realized I have 2 fast Sunday's left. I'll stop talking
about coming home it's just starting to hit me.

Loves hugs and kisses miss and love you guys to the sky <3

I'm doing so well and things are just great and I just can't believe
how fast it's all going by. Life.

Love, Elder Mitchell











No comments:

Post a Comment