First and foremost...Joseph, HAPPY GOSH DANG HECKIN BIRTHDAY on Tuesday you freaking stud and a half. Glad to hear you're recovering well from your surgery! The girls will love your massive scar.
️/Elder Mitchell
Subject Line
K, I got a haircut. And I shouldn't have, and it's a really long story and I look like a fool. I've been cutting my own hair lately, and mind you I've been doing a fantastic job! Things just went south this weekend haha. So Elder Argyle and I like to try new things, yolo (still a thing?) so we figured we'd cut each other's hair since both of us have done it multiple times before it would look great! FALSE. We started with a 2 on the sides...but it was too long still so we jumped down to a 1 lol...and it basically just looks like I have a Mohawk cuz I have 0 hair on the sides of my head and tons of hair on top...and Elder Argyle looks like Macklemore.
After many tears and prayers, we convinced ourselves that we still looked fine and we'd live with it. Well we went to church and (sorry this is just so funny) we were introducing ourselves in Elders quorum cause it's our first Sunday and all and we literally hear the dude behind us say "What is wrong with that missionaries haircut?" Gesturing towards me. I'M FREAKING SORRY DUDE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR I WOULDN'T ACTUALLY CUT MY HAIR LIKE THIS. But yeah it's a long story and I'm going to some lady in a few hours that gonna try to cut it lol.
K done with that.
Lovin Central Ward
It's the sickest man! Honestly. We are having such a blast as a trio. Makin history, baptizin fools, gettin sick hair cuts, walking around sketchy as AIDS neighborhoods. It's the life. The ward is taking super good care of us too, everyone is so pumped to have a trio of dying missionaries in their ward!! haha. We had Payge's baptism on Saturday, and honestly it went way smooth for a whitewash. She was confirmed yesterday and it went swell :) I'm getting fed pretty good, which hasn't really been a thing for the past year haha, so very grateful <3
14 Baptisms
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
πΌ
K dad. We have taken your challenge. It's going to be extremely difficult, most missionaries in the ATM won't get 14 baptsims their entire mission, but if any area can have that many baptisms, it's this one. Let me tell you about some Milagros.
So we were talking with our Ward Mission Leader about some goals we had...and he asked if there was a goal we wanted to set for baptisms. We all shared that we felt we could easily get 5 or more before we go home, and I mentioned kinda jokingly that my dad challenged me to get 14, and our Ward Mission Leader said why not! Let's go for 14. So we are going for 14. We set a baptismal date literally our 3rd day here, and another kid showed up to church yesterday that hasn't been baptized that wants to get baptized ASAP. After we got home from our Ward Mission Leaders house (you'll never even freaking believe this) we got a call from some missionaires in our zone referring a family to us that lives in our area. It's a family of 7 that contacted THEM in the Walmart parking lot, they went to church yesterday and loved it and want us to come teach them. WHAT!
And then this morning we got another "solid referral" from some Sisters in our zone. So far we have recieved a referral every day we have been here, and they have all been solid people wanting to learn more. It's nuts!! So yeah, 14 here we come :) We're gonna make ATM history.
That's about all...my mind is just kinda spinning there is always so much I wanna talk about but it'll be way better just to tell you fun stories about my mission once I get home :D
Love you all.
| Hipster pic for hipster haircut. |
| Skies here are always so dope. #noeditforreals |
No comments:
Post a Comment