Well hey!
It almost felt normal to talk to everyone yesterday, it seems like so
much has changed, but at the same time we're just the same old
Mitchell bunch :)
I think the weirdest thing was me feeling like I have changed a ton,
even just talking to you guys I felt like a different person haha..SO
WEIRD. Lovely to talk to ya though! And Mother dear thank you for
suffering for 9 months for me/2 decades. It means lots, and you're the
greatest, and still looking good as ever, I love you!
Transfers Next Week
Very busy again...it's going to be nice to not have to worry about a
lot of this stuff in a few weeks! I'm probably going to finish my
mission just in a regular old area as a regular old missionary :)
sounds kinda nice, I'm sure I'll feel the weight be lifted off my
shoulders. I did offer to help a struggling missionary for his last 6
weeks, should be fun! Lol. What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger
right? I'll let you know what is all going on, we are finishing up the
transfer board tomorrow!
New Mexico Pt. 2
We traveled to The Land of Entrapment again, honestly don't have any
ridiculous stories this time, it was a way better experience! Haha. I
spent time with some English missionaries, bunch of studs. They asked
me so many questions, and wanted me to teach them how to effectively
tract lol...I was just like "Hey guys sorry but if you didn't know,
I'm just a 20 year old guy that's worked hard for 21 months, I don't
think I know any secrets that you don't know." A lot of times
missionaries think we are perfect and the best missionaries in the
mission, I don't really think we are, we might just be decent leaders.
Love driving for 7 hours though! Lots of fun stories to share, I'm
gonna miss Elder Elton a lot, we are bff's haha.
Bonith
I probably just share this and call it good! We got a referral for a
dude named Bonith, he is from Burundi, Africa. He speaks like 7
languages, but his native language is French. He has only lived in the
US for 7 months and already speaks really good English. AND he already
pretty much accepted our church to be true...true story here we go
He told us that he has a list of questions he asks everyone before he
will listen to them teach...here they are
"Do you believe in drinking?"
No.
"Do you believe in prophets?"
Yes.
"Do you believe in the Bible?
Yes.
"Do you baptize by immersion?"
Yes.
"Do you believe there is only one true church?"
Yes.
"K, I believe you are the true church, teach me."
WOW.
So that's pretty solid. I'll keep you updated on him.
Bball Tournament!
So we are having a half mission basketball tournament today. I'm
coaching the winning team. I didn't want to play cause I didn't want
the tournament to be unfair, obviously lol. Haha jokes, but yeah we
made t-shirts and everything. I'll send pics when we win the
championship later today.
Prayers to Joey and Jake who both got surgeries this week! Bunch a
studs. You guys rock. Love and miss you all and it was FANTASTIC to
see the crew yesterday.
Loves, hugs, handshakes, kisses.
<3, Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment