Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wow.

This week has been ridiculous! You can probably tell because I'm emailing like, 5 days late. This is the first time I've been able to slow down for a few minutes to type out a quick email. Deepest apologies mother :/ I know, I lied. I'm sorry! I have lots of good stuff to email about tho 😋 

Transfers :o 
*drumroll* 
So..my prediction was correct, and I am currently with Elder Silverwood and Elder Argyle in the Central Ward. Whitewashed, so we still have no idea what's going on, but we have a baptism tomorrow! Elder Argyle and I are bff's obviously, we've been wanting to serve together our entire missions when we drove out to the Gila Valley together literally 21 months ago today. Elder Silverwood has had a pretty rough mission. Not gotten along with any of his companions, and honestly doesn't want to be out here. But he's made it 23 months, our job is pretty much to get him through his last 6 weeks happily 😁 Honestly, things are going great so far, probably in large part because Elder Argyle and I are besties, and nobody can be sad around us right!? lolz. We call ourselves the "Trifecta" because we are the only trio in the mission, and we expect big things <3 Yay.
We are also the oldest companionship in the entire mission (so weird) together we have 5 years and 7 months of missionary experience HAHA.  

Central Ward 🌵
IS GHETTO my friends. It's super infamous for the most ridiculous things. There are 700 members on the ward roster, about 200 active, and about 100 ex-convicts. Probably even more current convicts haha. Sweet. There are 2 sets of missionaries in the ward and we cover the south side. We live in the city of South Tucson, which has the highest crime rate in the nation..apparently. Geographically it's pretty unique too. We have the highest concentration of people in our ward boundaries. We cover downtown Tucson, and mostly trailer parks and apartments, it makes for a ton of potential for missionary work. Lot's of humble people, lot's of people in need of the gospel, lot's of people wanting to change their lives. We have already gotten 4 referrals for people wanting to learn more just since Tuesday. We're gonna be super busy! Great way to finish my mission haha. Wouldn't ask for anything different. It's been an awesome 21 months.

Last Week as an Assistant
I feel like a huge amount of responsibility and stress have been lifted from my shoulders, it's kinda nice actually, really weird though. We were super busy my last week, with transfers, and we had a mission tour with Elder Bradley D. Foster of the Seventy. (If you wanna find out who that is, he spoke Oct 2015 conf.) He's SO SICK. Really probably the best mission tour we've had since I've been here. I helped bring in all the missionaries for the last time, trained up Elder Wyman a little bit (new guy) and left on Tuesday :D and have been cleaning ever since! :D Literally. I'm such a clean freak and super OCD I didn't even realize, this place is so disgusting I refuse to do missionary work until it is CLEAN. K.

Elder Bradley D. Foster
He taught us a ton about working with members and also about being children of God. He had a special meeting with all the leaders as well and taught us some awesome stuff about leadership and how to be effective leaders. Unfortunately half the mission got food poisoning on Thursdaydue to some bad water or something, so we definitely suffered for that...and we had the other half of the mission on Friday, which meeting I conducted. Elder Foster apparently had a liver infection recently, but didn't want to miss our mission tour, so was fighting through it, but he obviously wasn't feeling well at all. He cut the meeting short and left, while the rest of the missionaries got lunch. While we we're eating President Passey came up to Elder Elton and I and said he needed to borrow us. We followed him out of the gym and he told us the Elder Foster had asked if we could give him a blessing. Wut. Anyway, we gave him a blessing and it was SO LEGIT! After the blessing he stood up and hugged us and his wife stood up and gave us a box of chocolates from their hometown in Idaho and thanked us for all that we do as President Passey's assistants, they talked to us for a little bit about how we can affect the entire mission for good or for bad and how it's up to us to make sure everything he taught get's implemented :o Good luck Elder Elton! Haha

I really am excited though for this opportunity to finish my mission in the Central Ward. This is literally the first time since my 3rd transfer that I haven't either been a trainer, district leader, zone leader, or assistant. I don't have any leadership responsibilities, just the responsibility to be a missionary :) I'm super excited to be able to apply everything I've learned the last 21 months and finish it off strong. I've really had the best mission ever. It's just way too surreal that it's coming to a close so quickly, less than 10 weeks, that's not even enough time for me to breathe. Ugh. I'm excited to reconnect with you all though. Can't wait for you to meet the new Jesse! Lol. Also, it's gonna be a big transition from YSA back to a family ward...I felt like I was getting somewhat normal, and now I'm gonna be super awkward when I get home :/ life. 

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to email me at: jesse.mitchell@myldsmail.net

Hugs, kisses, and loves. Miss you all dearly.

Love, ur fav. Elder Mitchell
🙇🏼👞🕷🦃🌿🍄😵

No comments:

Post a Comment