And there goes October! Holy heck that was too quick. Luckily we are in the favorite month of the year <3 Thanksgiving and b-day and football, and none of it matters as a missionary :) I'm terrified for my 20's though. I feel like once I hit that, I'm automatically going to have to be more mature and serious. Ugh. Hope y'all had a good Halloween 
It was an average week. Chillin with the college kids. Fun.
Halloween
So it was a fun week in the YSA 3 with activities. For FHE we carved pumpkins...(I took plenty of pics this week mom). That was a joy, we tag teamed with some of our friends, they wanted to do a "It's Lit" pumpkin...I guess that's a new thing nowadays, still not sure what it means, but we went with it.
Besides that there was some Halloween parties, a big dance on Friday, and of course parties galore on campus and still no clothes.
For actual Halloween night, the Skousens (Institute couple) took us out to Pizza Hut, they had the Utah game on. It took every fiber of my existence to not watch. They did win though. Congrats.
Getting Robbed. Twice.
Honestly both times were because of our kindness towards our fellow men. But nonetheless we were robbed. 1. So first off...Elder Potter and I went to Subway for dinner a few days ago..we ate, it was great, we left, then a older fellow came up to us and was all "Oh what good luck, I was hoping I would run into some good Christian men like you!" Yep I'm sure you were dude. "Do you have any money?" Nope! Only cards, sorry :/. "Oh, well can you just buy me something with your card then?"....Ugh. Can't really say no. Sure man.
So we go into Subway and he says something like "I'll get the cheapest thing on the menu don't worry." We say "Yeah man it's cool get what you want." He says "OH. Get what I want???" Mistake. "Ok I'll have a footlong steak and cheese." REALLY DUDE THE MOST EXPENSIVE FREAKING THING ON THE MENU. WE ARE MISSIONARIES NOT LAWYERS AND IT'S THE END OF THE MONTH WE DON'T GOT THE DOUGH FOR THAT. But, we were calm, and paid for his sandwich. And left without a thank you. He abused us. He wasn't even homeless. Just a bum. Trying to be more like Jesus..
2. I honestly don't remember if I already told this one or not...but, I'll tell it again. So I gave my bike to one of our investigators Ryan a few weeks ago, having full faith in his goodness as a human being that he would pay me the $100 we agreed on. Well...my faith was slowly dwindling with each time we saw him, because he was clearly deeper and deeper into drugs with every visit. I was pretty certain my bike was no longer there last time we came by, cause you know, drug addicts will do anything for money/drugs.
So I sent him a text last week..."Hey man just wondering...do you still have my bike?"
His response (this is a good one): "Elder I'm not going to lie to you. I sold it to a pawn shop, and have no money to get it back." RYAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Ugh...so we will see what happens. I'm thinking of just making him give us his TV so I can go pawn it. Maybe I'll just do what Christ would do and forgive. It's so rough.
Other than all that, we attended MLC this week. Wonderful as always, got some good plans for the zone! :D and we had exchanges with the AP's and one of our District Leaders this week, so busy busy.
Zeff is still doing great, I gotta send some pics with him. I'll hook him up with whoever is single, just hmu. He told us last time we met that he thinks he is going to be getting baptized a lot sooner that he originally planned. He loves our church.
Leah. No need for an update.
James came to church yesterday, and fasted! Didn't smoke or nothin. And had a great time. Blessings. We are still seeing extremely slow progress with him. But it's progress.
I guess that's just about it??? Goodbye for now my beloved friends.
Email me please <3
Love, Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment