THIS IS SO FREAKING LONG, I'M SORRY JUST LOVE ME.
Amazing week everyone. Busy as h. (heck)
So I'll just go chronologically because I feel there is so much...
Monday:
FHE: Aka best. I have become way tight with so many different people, I literally feel like I'm going to college and this is my ward...pretty weird feeling. One of my bff's Steph helped me delete all the IG pics that needed to go haha...I probably shoulda just torched the whole thing, but it's chill. My whole FHE family followed me haha, I feel like I have friends again
️
Tuesday:
We had a lesson with Zeff who is for real..the best. He is such a stud and the lesson went great, he is so pumped to get baptized! You'd never guess in a million years that he wasn't a member, he's become one of my best friends :') We also had a lesson with Joey that night...and GUESS WHAT. We committed him to baptism on December 12...and HE FREAKING ACCEPTED PEOPLE. The first time he came to the institute he didn't even want to take lessons. He told us "If you would have asked me that a couple of weeks ago I definitely would have said no, but it's definitely something I'm seriously thinking about now." Okay Joey take your time 🙃
Wednesday:
Every single lesson we had scheduled (4) cancelled.
So Elder Potter and I literally had no idea what to do...after visiting everyone we knew to visit, and eating dinner, we decided we had to walk around campus and contact people, which is the worsttttt. Since it was veterans day there weren't any stores open and it was about 7:30 so it was D E A D. We walked around for about 30 minutes and saw hardly any people..we finally walked past this girl sitting on a bench by herself. I walked up to her and asked her name, her name is Nakalya! And Nakalya is sickkkkk. I asked her if she ever talked to missionaries, and she said all her friends were mormon because she is from Mesa, and has tons of friends on missions! #MILAGRO She even was interested in the church a few years ago. She's black and a freshman, and freaking leggitttittititit. We asked her if she'd be down to meet and she said she would :D So we are seeing her tomorrow. But for real it was so awesome, she was the only person we talked to on campus and turned out to be the best person we could talk to...God is so kind to us <3
Thursday:
Zeff!!! :D He called us in the morning and asked if we would go to the swap meet on campus with him, of course we went. Idk what he was doing, but he dropped $ for us. He bought us tons of food (don't worry we declined over and over he wouldn't have it) and then we had a lesson right after. It was the last lesson, and so we talked about the next step..baptism. He said if his friend isn't cleared to baptize him within the next 2 months, he is just going to have someone else do it. So we are pumpeeddd for him. More on Zeff, keep reading.
Friday:
Such a good day. We have devotionals every Friday, and lunch immediately after aka best part of the week. This devotional was one of the best things I have attended on my mission. They invited a member from one of the YSA wards to speak, his name is Ben, and he's gay. They had him speak on his experience, and how he feels about everything, and he shared his testimony on the atonement at the end. IT WAS FREAKING THE GREATEST THING EVER. He talked about how although it isn't his choice to be gay...he wishes he wasn't, it doesn't change his faith. That he knows God's commandments and so he will follow them, and there is nothing that will change that. The spirit was crazy strong. He is such an awesome guy, especially with everyone freaking out about the church's position, it was super good to hear from an actual gay member of the church. I wish everyone could have heard it.
For some reason Elder Potter was having a rough day...and we didn't have a dinner, so we went out to Texas Roadhouse of course. It was much needed <3 Solidddd day.
Saturday:
We had stake conference this week, so we went to all those meetings all day. Joy. Blah blah blah...that was pretty much our whole day...BUT CRAZY FREAKING THING HAPPENED. So obviously the Utes played my Wildcats...and I was so pumped (for real so blessed to be serving on campus at this time) Especially since I knew there was a high possibility that there would be people I knew from back home down at the game. We didn't have dinner again...so in between the priesthood leadership meeting and the adult session of stake conference we ran to the institute to grab some food, I only had 4 quarters so I literally got a bag of chips from the vending machine, so sad. ANYWAY. I was sitting there all sad for myself because the game was close to starting and I was just thinking about my friends in the stadium..when 2 girls decked out in Utah gear walked up the the institute, I ran up to let them in because I was so excited to see Utah fans (I know weird). They said weren't members of the church..but they knew tons of missionaries so they wanted to come say hi! Well..turns out, one of them was the Student Body President for Utah, and the other was her Assistant, and THEY FREAKING KNOW A TON OF MY FRIENDS. So we took pictures together and they sent them to the girls they were friends with. freaking crazy, made my whole night. But then the Utes lost!!! :( I know...I usually wouldn't be sad about this..but I'm a tiny bit sad, because all the kids associate me with Utah because I live right there, and so now they are going to talk soooo much crap on me. Especially because it was a huge upset..:/ ugh. Life.
Sunday:
Zeff came with us to stake conference, and it was pretty freaking good. Pres. Passey throwin down on missionary work. After the meeting Zeff sent us the best text ever...it says "Hey, just wanted to say that I really appreciate you guys. You guys have honestly saved and changed my life. I am so blessed to have met you two goofballs and I am thankful for our friendship."
That's what makes missionary work all worth it :)
I also got a call from Wayne Durham just barely!! (our investigator from Sierra Vista, big black guy that was drafted by the seahawks) he moved to Tucson!! So we are meeting up with him tonight :DD sooo freaking sweet.
That's about it..sorry to put you through all that I just had such a great week :DDDD
Love and miss u cuties
-Elder J Mitchell <3
| Found a Moses wig. Best day ever. |
No comments:
Post a Comment