HOW AM I EVEN GOING TO BE 20 THAT MAKES NO SENSE.
None of you even got to see me when I was 19 :( (except for Paul Howell and Callahan Williams, you'll have to ask them if I'm any different)
I'm still going to be 20 when I get home which is even more surreal
Life needs to freaking chill.
I appreciate all the bday wishes though and I think y'all are freaking fantastic. Make a boy feel loved. Go do something nice tomorrow to celebrate my bday lol.
Another blessed week down @ University 3.
So I totally forgot to mention...transfers are tomorrow! :D haha...that coulda been bad, but I'm staying here so no worries :) This will probably be my last transfer here, and my last transfer as a Zone Leader, that's my guess. It's been a nice solid run, I'm sure I will be needed in other capacities. I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord!!
Investigators
Let me tell ya real quick about our people. We met with Nakalya for the first time this week and SHE'S SO DOPE AHH. I love her already. We talked and she said she would love to take the lessons and learn more #blessed. A little bit of bad news with Zeff and Joey though :/ So don't get me wrong. Zeff is still the most solid investigator I've ever come in contact with..but he got news back from his friend, and his friend won't be able to baptize him until MAY
x1000. He is torn between waiting, or getting baptized right now. Pray for my boy Zeff. Joey is still great and awesome and wonderful...but bad news...we met with him on Thursday and he said "So yeah I think I will get baptized the end of next year." WHAT JOEY WHAT DID YOU JUST FREAKING SAY. So I guess he is moving in with his girlfriend for the next school year and that's his only option of living...so he won't be able to get baptized till he moves out. UGH. Leah is amazing still, getting baptized in a few weeks!!! :D Can't wait for that. She's a rockstar.
Exchanges
I went on exchanges with Elder Chu-Shing on Thursday...and I'll just say, he is the last missionary any wants to be with. He is from New Zealand, he goes home in 2 days, and he has never heard the words "Rule" or "Obedience" in his life. The stories man...remind me to tell you some when I get home. It ended up being pretty chill though...I was just cool with him and we worked. He was really pumped to be on campus, he really wanted to go check out the Basketball game haha...no. He is known to steal things from missionaries on exchanges so I didn't let him get out of my sight. As far as I know we have everything...I've been missing my jacket for the past few days though, hoping that turns up...
We went to the Nissan Car Dealership also because our truck had an oil leak...AND THEY HAD A LIMITED EDITION 45TH ANNIVERSARY GTR THERE (2016) Oh my days it was glorious, they only have like 30 in the world...I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DIDN'T GET PICTURES. Unimportant.
Blessins
We gave so many blessings this week, probably more this week than any other time my whole mission, we gave like 6. Busy ranning around. The first one was this 9 mo. old that got brain surgery :(( it was so sad...and the family was all catholic, they just wanted all the blessings they could get so they asked us. Very sad. Next was a 18 yr. old girl who got her Gall bladder removed :/ she's doing pretty good though. We also gave one to our Recent Convert Tom because Satan was thrashing him hard yesterday :( Last was a girl named Nicole in our ward, who is apparently super suicidal...she took all her weapons and gave them to her friend then asked us to give her a blessing. That was definitely the longest blessing I've ever given, at least 10 minutes, but it was cool because I told her just what God wanted her to hear.
El Tour De Tucson!
This was sickkkk. It's a huge bike race around the perimeter of Tucson, apparently the longest perimeter race in the nation, 104 miles dangggg. All the missionaries in the zone volunteered for it!! It was super sweet, because Elder Ruiz and his comp and Elder Potter and I got the job of times, and awarding the winners!!! So we were chillin in this little time trailer waiting for the winners to come through, and these guys were hauling...averaging 26.4 mph, they finished in under 4 hours. We wrote down everyone's names and times, then brought the trophies to the stage, and the PA announced the winners! It was super sick, wish I had my ipad so I could take pictures :/ It was a huge deal, they shut down the whole city. So that was fun :D
That's about it tbh, it's been a solid week, we had Friendsgiving last night with a bunch of YSA's. Thanksgiving is going to be lonely here on campus haha. So everyone have a great thanksgiving back home, and a wonderful day tomorrow!! Hopefully you don't miss me too much :') hugs and kisses and blessings
Love, Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment