Sooo lame I know. I'm sorry. I will try to do more crazy stuff next week to keep everyone entertained.
Service
The only semi-strange thing that happened to us all week was service! We did lots and lots of service...but on Tuesday we were going to the food bank (like we do every week) and we literally couldn't find it..we put it in the GPS, looked everywhere, knew exactly where it was, but just couldn't find it. After looking for literally 1.5 hours, we both just decided that God probably just didn't want us to go, or we are just retarded. Either way, we didn't go. But like I said, plenty of service.
Challenge
We did have Zone Conference this week, which was super good!! I love Zone Conferences. But I hardly knew anyone there :/ you get to that point on your mission where you are one of the older ones, and all the missionaries are brand new and you don't know anyone, it rough ☹️
Butttt....that brings me to "ELDER MITCHELL'S CHALLENGE FOR EVERYONE BACK HOME 2015!" Yay!
President and Sister Passey gave us all a "Come Unto Christ" Christmas challenge <3 And made it really easy for all to participate. We are having our investigators do it, and I want to extend the invitation for all of you (mostly my family) but everyone to do it. I have a digital copy that I will send in another email of the Challenge booklet.
Baptisms!
🏼
🏼
🏼
Besides all that, we had 3 baptisms in the Zone this past weekend AKA AWESOME! :D One is Giovanny (Shouts to JHall) the Asisstants former investigator who is for real amazing. He is still in high school, covered in tatts, and I've never met someone as genuine as him, he wants to go on a freaking mission now!!! That's how much he loves it, he shares the Book of Mormon with everyone every time he is on the bus because he knows it's true. It was such a good baptism, and Leah came so that was awesome :)
The other one was Elder Ruiz and Elder Wyalls! Hailey and Braden, who we had the opportunity to interview for baptism just last week. We also gave the 5 minute teaching moment during the baptism, which is one of my fav things to do. Get up there and testify till you die. Bearing testimony about something is so fun, you can literally feel power running through you. Zeff came with us to that!!! So great <'333
Service
The only semi-strange thing that happened to us all week was service! We did lots and lots of service...but on Tuesday we were going to the food bank (like we do every week) and we literally couldn't find it..we put it in the GPS, looked everywhere, knew exactly where it was, but just couldn't find it. After looking for literally 1.5 hours, we both just decided that God probably just didn't want us to go, or we are just retarded. Either way, we didn't go. But like I said, plenty of service.
Challenge
We did have Zone Conference this week, which was super good!! I love Zone Conferences. But I hardly knew anyone there :/ you get to that point on your mission where you are one of the older ones, and all the missionaries are brand new and you don't know anyone, it rough ☹️
Butttt....that brings me to "ELDER MITCHELL'S CHALLENGE FOR EVERYONE BACK HOME 2015!" Yay!
President and Sister Passey gave us all a "Come Unto Christ" Christmas challenge <3 And made it really easy for all to participate. We are having our investigators do it, and I want to extend the invitation for all of you (mostly my family) but everyone to do it. I have a digital copy that I will send in another email of the Challenge booklet.
Baptisms!
Besides all that, we had 3 baptisms in the Zone this past weekend AKA AWESOME! :D One is Giovanny (Shouts to JHall) the Asisstants former investigator who is for real amazing. He is still in high school, covered in tatts, and I've never met someone as genuine as him, he wants to go on a freaking mission now!!! That's how much he loves it, he shares the Book of Mormon with everyone every time he is on the bus because he knows it's true. It was such a good baptism, and Leah came so that was awesome :)
The other one was Elder Ruiz and Elder Wyalls! Hailey and Braden, who we had the opportunity to interview for baptism just last week. We also gave the 5 minute teaching moment during the baptism, which is one of my fav things to do. Get up there and testify till you die. Bearing testimony about something is so fun, you can literally feel power running through you. Zeff came with us to that!!! So great <'333
Investigators
So obviously all our investigators are freaking studs.
Zeff: This kid is incredible, and I'm so mad at myself that I didn't get a picture with him! Next week. He told us he is ready to get baptized right now..and that he wants to, but he wants his best friend to baptize him, and there are a few complications with that right now. He said if it comes down to it though, he would rather just get baptized than wait for his friend.
Leah: Angel.
Joey: One of our new investigators!!! At first he started meeting with us just because he had a lot of questions he wanted answered, but he loved the institue and lesson so much he said "Something about this place feels right, I feel like I belong here, I want to know if this is true." ATTA BOY THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. So we are now going to be teaching him 3 times a week!! #blessed.
This week instead of church we had a North America SW area broadcast btw...and it was freaking killer. Elder Lynn G. Robbins and Elder Lawerence Corbridge (my boys) were there, as well as Elder Oaks. I forgot the girls name...sorry :/ It was sickk!! And Zeff came! :D
Actually there is one funny story I forgot about.....
So this morning we were vacuuming out our car like we do every week..(at a local carwash) and all of the sudden Elder Potter says "You'll never believe what just happened!" What..."I just sucked up our keys!" aka our mail, laundry, and apartment key. THAT'S NOT GOOD NEWS DUDE. So...the car wash is still looking for our keys, they are going to call us when they find them hahahh #LifeisGood.
I love you all to pieces!!! <'3
Keep CTR!!!
Love your fav Elder Mitchell ⛸

Elder Potter nailing a sick jump. I wasn't the camera man btw....
No comments:
Post a Comment