So yeah I'm in Sierra Vista now, super stoked. It's like the 3rd largest city in AZ, and pretty nice, rich peeps. Most the people here are Military because of Ft. Wachucha, so missionary work is gonna be tough I guess. I am now in a bike area. Time to get these thighs back to where they belong. I'm super pumped, and if anyone tries to mess, Elder Farnworth will eat them. Look him up on Google Images or something, his name is Carson Farnworth and he's from Cali and he's beautiful and huge and sick. Gonna be a good transfer.
It's super weird training tho...I've only been out 4.5 months and I still have no clue what's going on and I have to help this brand new kid?!?! Pray for me. Last night was probably the roughest night of my mission though, I never thought leaving the Gila Valley would be so hard, I left some of the best friends I have ever had there, people that were my second family. I literally cried in bed last night, I have learned more in the past 4 months than I think I've learned in the 19 years I've been alive. The Gila Valley changed me, made into a better person. I learned love there. The last song I listened to is call "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath, probably my favorite song (cuz mission and can't listen to much music" And it goes something like ..."...all these people going somewhere, why have I never cared? Give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see all of the things that I've been missing, give me your love for humanity. Give me your arms for the broken hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach, give me your heart for the ones forgotten, give me your eyes so I can see."
That's what I feel God has done for me these past few months, he's taught me how to love no matter who it is, who they are, what they look like. I feel love for them, it's a good way to live.
I miss you all, and THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH ALL YOU AMAZING PEOPLE WHO HAVE SENT ME STUFF THIS CHRISTMAS. I feel so blessed it's hard to hold back tears when I open stuff from you guys, I feel so loved and I don't deserve it haha. I love you guys.
Also congrats Alexa on the mission call you are a freaking champ.
Love, Elder Mitchell :)
No comments:
Post a Comment