K honestly where do I start. I can't start anywhere. Once a week is no where near often enough to tell you guys what is going on haha. Well I guess I'll let you know that im doing FREAKING GREAT. Obviously God loves me a ton for some reason cause he hasn't let me be sad once...and every day 2 years seems like a shorter period of time. Obviously there are rough days..but for the most part. It rocks! So I still dont know if Im in America, or some 3rd world country. NO LIE. Everyone here lives in a ridiculous amount of poverty..its so sad..half the people live in trailers...the other half live in one room homes that are falling to pieces. It sucks, this town is really a sad sight to see. Some really cool things that I love about it though are that the SKY IS HUGE. We are surrounded by mountains but they are so far off in the distance that the sky literally goes on forever...and there are always a ton of clouds everywhere in the sky..its super beautiful. Also at night if you look around you can see lightning storms just everywhere around the mountains its freaking awesome. AND...since no one can afford lights here....the sky at night is freaking indescribable. Like not kidding probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen...it feels like you are in space. Me and my companion go star gazing every few nights and just talk. The first night I was here I looked up and was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME HOW BLESSED CAN A KID GET. And we were just talking about like how could there not be a God? Look at how beautiful the Earth is...HOW COULD THERE NOT BE A GOD. Someone please tell me, this did not happen by accident. Its crazy. The people here are super nice and we get fed good food every night...for lunch I eat in a ghetto mexican shack every day haha, thats all they have here. Its good stuff though. Look up Sonoran Hot Dogs. They are God's gift to Arizona. Anyway, the first day I got here...my apartment was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen..you couldn't even walk because of how dirty it was...covered in scorpions, centipedes, cockroaches...locusts...ants, earwigs..lizards, everything haha. We even found a Gila monster skin laying in the middle of the floor so thats cool. The last Elders must've been studs, apparently they were breaking some major commandments. Me and my companion definitely felt a bad spirit there, it was creepy, so I rededicated the place and now its AWESOMEEEEEEE. We only took 2 full days to clean it no biggie, like 2 truckloads worth of trash. But its all good now :) Since the last missionaries did nothing...we have hardly anything to work with. MY FIRST DAY OUT WE HAD TO FREAKING TRACT. DO YOU REALIZE ITS THE 21ST CENTURY PEOPLE DON'T TRACT ANYMORE BUT WE HAD TO FREAKING RIDICULOUS. It sucked haha. But as of right now we are teaching a guy the new member lessons, he got baptized a few years ago but never really went to church, but he goes every week now. he just got married, and he quit smoking. HE ROCKS. His name is Armondo (Mondo) Avalos. so pray for him, also one other chick, It thought she was like 16...shes freaking 11, like the prettiest girl ever so thats awkward, but her whole family has been baptized except for her...but me and her are becoming good friends and I know I'm gonna baptize her before I leave.. her name Is Cassie.
Well idk life is crazy right now and I'm freaking pissed cuz everything is changing at home but whatever God loves all of you. And everyone is just having awesome lives all of the sudden? YOU'RE WELCOME FOR GOING ON A MISSION EVERYONE. haha miss you guys .
No comments:
Post a Comment