I feel like starting this bad boy off with one of my fav quotes:
"I am part of the fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit of Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.
"I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.
"My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
"I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
"I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.
"And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear for "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.." (Romans 1:16)."
-Someone important-- but idk who, sorry
And that is what missionaries do :) and that's why missions are so great. And that's why I'm so glad I came.
The week was splendid. I will keep it brief.
We didn't leave Tucson this week! That was different. We did go on exchanges with a set of Zone Leaders though, we do lots of those haha.
We had a glow in the dark Easter egg hunt with the YSA ward on Friday and HOLY HECK IT WAS SICK. I'm def gonna do it when I get home. Elder Ruff and I were the official "hiders" and I definitely ripped my pants we went so hard. Seriously nobody has ever hid eggs so well, we did it in the church, so there were eggs in the venting systems, drinking fountains, on the basketball hoops, on the flagpole, you name it, we hid it there. Luckily someone in the ward already fixed my pants though so we're good :) IT WAS WORTH IT.
Other than that...Amanda got baptized on Saturday!! It was so fast I can't believe we only met her a few weeks ago and now she's a member haha. And...we didn't take any pics, but we have good excuses! The baptism was a little rocky I'm not gonna fluff it up. Our Ward Mission Leader kinda dropped the ball on umm...let me see, everything. So Elder Ruff and I scrambled pretty frantically to make sure everything happened. By the end, things were great, and Amanda was bawling. She bore her testimony at the end AND IT WAS SO GOOD. I wish everyone could have heard it.
She was confirmed yesterday on Easter!! How fitting right? New Life, just got baptized, aka reborn, aka new life, aka Easter. She also bore her testimony in church like how solid can you get?!?! She thee best.
Cool thing: A guy and a girl came to church yesterday that we had never met, so we talked to them for a minute and they seemed like active members just visiting so we went ahead and sat behind them and let them be...when at the very end of the meeting the girl gets up and says something like.."I haven't been to church in over a year, I don't know if it's true, but I really hope it is. I really felt like I needed to come to church today, and I felt the spirit really strong, and needed to come up and bear my testimony that I know God and Jesus Christ are real." That was about it. Come to find out that she's freaking awesome and we are gonna start meeting with her! And her friend is a Protestant that is interested in learning some more! :D can someone say..#Blessed.
I think that's really all you need to know...I'm about to have the busiest week of my life with meetings a
nd transfers next week and everything and everything ahhhhhh. It's just so much to even explain in an email. But y'all are great :) Really.
nd transfers next week and everything and everything ahhhhhh. It's just so much to even explain in an email. But y'all are great :) Really.
Found out an Apostle is coming down at the end of April...that's gonna be intense.
TTFN! (Gramps)
Love, Elder Mitchell <3
| The weather here is literally perfect, and sometimes the desert can be gorgggg <3 |
| Glow in the dark Easter Egg Hunt!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment