It's been a week. Let me tell ya. I could type an encyclopedia of all the random stuff that went on. I'll try to keep it to the main stuff though
🏼
We started off the week by exchanging with the Spanish ZL's (cause that's all we freaking do) I worked in our area with Elder Rees (looks like Nick Elg, no lie, freaking beautiful) AND GUESS WHAT SUCKAS? 8 lessons. That's a huge deal for us...cause we do like 0 work in our area haha. We are crazy busy right now actually...we don't have time for everything :/ SO THAT WENT GREAT.
We started off the week by exchanging with the Spanish ZL's (cause that's all we freaking do) I worked in our area with Elder Rees (looks like Nick Elg, no lie, freaking beautiful) AND GUESS WHAT SUCKAS? 8 lessons. That's a huge deal for us...cause we do like 0 work in our area haha. We are crazy busy right now actually...we don't have time for everything :/ SO THAT WENT GREAT.
New MEXICO
Then the next day...we drove to New Mexico to exchange with the Spanish ZL's over there. It's like a 4 hour drive
fun times though. Lot's of litstening to talks haha. People weren't lying when they said New Mexico is a type of hell. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANY HUMAN BEING WOULD DECIDE TO RESIDE THERE. It boggles my mind. ITS HORRIBLE. But that's of course just my opnion. Just know I'll say "I told you so" when it's the first place to burn at the 2nd coming. BUT, it was the first time I've been out of AZ my whole mission! First time I've left a state in 19 months!! That was weird, the time changed and everything :0
Anyway...we exchanged in Deming, New Mexico. It's affectionately known as "Demnation" get it? lol. K. Pretty much 100% Mexican. I went with E. Gonzalez from Argentina (but he lives in UT) me and him are super good friends, we flew down here together! And we go home together. He's a cool dude.
Prepare Yourselves.
We went to a place called Columbus, New Mexico. I could rant about this place for days...but I'll TRY to keep it short. So, it's Mexico. Literally. You can see the border from the town. Andddd 0 white people live there! Rumor is...that it is the only U.S. city that has been invaded and conquered by foreign invaders. The Mexicans lol. I didn't speak any English the entire time I was there. I'll send a few pics.
Menudo
Note: I usually get screwed when it comes to eating on exchanges...it's just my luck. It never fails. This time...I got the worst of the worst. There is a delicacy in Mexico called "Menudo". Bless. It's cow stomach soup. We visited a LA family, and the first thing they say is OH we just made some Menudo here you go!! You have to eat it. It was really hard to choke it down...I'll send a pic lol. So gross.
Other stuff?? The border patrol pulled us over and was like "Both U.S. Citizens? (I have no license) and my comp isn't a U.S. Citizen...but we just said YES! Then sped away haha.
We visited "The Perfect Man Shrine"...apparently there is this dude name Maher Baba who claimed to be Jesus, Muhammad, and Buddha, weird stuff man...
So yeah, I didn't do a lot of talking this week..just a lot of listening to Spanish haha, I actually pick up on a lot of it. I bore my testimony a few times in Spanish :')
Amanda!!
Amanda is getting baptized this Saturday! It's so crazy that we are having a baptism with how busy we are, she just fell into our laps and is pure gold!!! So we are STOKED for her.
Tomorrow we start working on transfers for all the missionaries..that's gonna be crazy. I'm super pumped though...gonna be an experience. We are so dang busy I can't even handle it...I'm balding more and more every day </3 It's chill though. I get some Bosley or something.
Hugs and kisses and blessings everyone! I miss you all with the entirety of my soul. It's just going a tad too fast though.
<3, Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment