I say this a lot, but it's especially true this week. I could write a book on everything that happened this week, and it wouldn't be just a little chapter book, it'd probably be an encyclopedia.
Jake's Mission Call?!
First off, Jake! Gosh dangit you stud! Lima, Peru?!?! That is the coolest, you are going to rock it. Anything you want to know about missionary work ASK ME. I feel like I know a little bit by now haha. Even if we don't see each other for 4 years, it'll be worth it
️
🏼 But we'll find a way to talk, if anything! Keep up the solid work, brother. I told everyone in the mission that my little brother is going to Peru on his mission, and they are all so excited for you! They know who you are man, and someday they are excited to meet you.
Dying
This week was ridiculously busy. RIDICULOUS. We had "Specialized Training Meetings", a follow up meeting of sorts for our March teaching challenge. They went great...but it just meant a lot of driving and training for us. It started off on Tuesday going to the Gila Valley temple with some of Elder Ruff's recent converts, then doing the follow up meeting on Wednesday with Gila Valley Zone, right after that meeting we drove to New Mexico to do their meeting, then drove all the way back to Tucson to sleep. Thursday morning we drove to Sierra Vista to do theirs, then drove back to South Tucson to do the Spanish Zone and SouthEast Zone...then after we died and came back to life, we had MLC on Friday...and then finished up the meetings directly after with Central and Northwest zones. So I gave six, one hour trainings this week. I KNOW THIS IS ALL EXTREMELY BORING BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO REALIZE HOW BUSY WE ARE. No, we didn't teach any lessons this week.
Conference definitely was awesome :) I took more notes this conference than I ever have previously! So many good ones I have to listen to again...one of my personal favorites was Elder Hallstroms. HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION Y'ALL. So that was a nice little break...but it's been rough sitting in meetings all week, I'd rather be out preaching the good word.
New Missionaries!
Yesterday all of the New Missionaries came in, we have quite the group. None are from Utah, surprise surprise!! We got just about everywhere this time...2 from New Zealand, one from freaking Micronesia!! He's literally from the island of Pohnpei, such a cool kid. Canada, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin. Solid group
🏼 It's always super nostalgic, cause guess what guys, it feels like I was a new missionary just yesterday. I know exactly how you are feeling right now! So yesterday was just crazy crazy busy, they got all their new trainers this morning. We are still running around like crazy doing errands for people, but we have a few minutes to chill out and email luckily.
Jake's Mission Call?!
First off, Jake! Gosh dangit you stud! Lima, Peru?!?! That is the coolest, you are going to rock it. Anything you want to know about missionary work ASK ME. I feel like I know a little bit by now haha. Even if we don't see each other for 4 years, it'll be worth it
Dying
This week was ridiculously busy. RIDICULOUS. We had "Specialized Training Meetings", a follow up meeting of sorts for our March teaching challenge. They went great...but it just meant a lot of driving and training for us. It started off on Tuesday going to the Gila Valley temple with some of Elder Ruff's recent converts, then doing the follow up meeting on Wednesday with Gila Valley Zone, right after that meeting we drove to New Mexico to do their meeting, then drove all the way back to Tucson to sleep. Thursday morning we drove to Sierra Vista to do theirs, then drove back to South Tucson to do the Spanish Zone and SouthEast Zone...then after we died and came back to life, we had MLC on Friday...and then finished up the meetings directly after with Central and Northwest zones. So I gave six, one hour trainings this week. I KNOW THIS IS ALL EXTREMELY BORING BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO REALIZE HOW BUSY WE ARE. No, we didn't teach any lessons this week.
Conference definitely was awesome :) I took more notes this conference than I ever have previously! So many good ones I have to listen to again...one of my personal favorites was Elder Hallstroms. HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION Y'ALL. So that was a nice little break...but it's been rough sitting in meetings all week, I'd rather be out preaching the good word.
New Missionaries!
Yesterday all of the New Missionaries came in, we have quite the group. None are from Utah, surprise surprise!! We got just about everywhere this time...2 from New Zealand, one from freaking Micronesia!! He's literally from the island of Pohnpei, such a cool kid. Canada, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin. Solid group
New For Me!
My new companion is Elder Elton, he's from New Jersey and a Spanish speaking missionary, such a cool cat. And we dress exactly the same so score on that
He goes home the same transfer I do! I'll send a pic of him. Good looking fellow. Elder Ruff heads home on Saturday. Weird. First comp I've killed, wasn't that bad. It's weird taking over all these responsibilities, I feel like I'm still not adequate, but I've felt like that my entire mission I'm pretty sure, and I guess it's true, the Lord qualifies who he calls.
What's Up in the ATM
Just to give you an idea of what our mission is kinda focusing on right now...an Apostle is coming to our mission on April 27th, as well as a member of the Presidency of the Seventy. So our goal this month is to prepare to be taught by a Prophet of God. The challenge is to be exactly obedient in the morning schedule. Not an issue for us, but is for a lot of missionaries. It's going to be really cool to hear from an Apostle this shortly after conference. So that's also what our special meetings were about.
Anyway I just love you all to death, I hope you know that. Can't wait to see you all again, it'll be here too soon!
Love, Elder Mitchell ⛹
️
The one on the right is Elder Elton
The taller one on the left is Elder Wilstead, planning on playing QB for BYU when he gets home! He's 6'7"
|
No comments:
Post a Comment