APOSTLES THAT COULD HAVE VISITED OUR MISSION IT'S ELDER HOLLAND. OUT
OF ALL THE MISSIONARIES THAT COULD HAVE CONDUCTED THE MEETING IT'S ME.
I don't know if I'm gonna make it. Just send me your prayers that I'll
be able to eat the next few days and not pass out in front of Elder
Holland, Lynn G. Robbins, President and Sister Passey, and 180
missionaries. Ugh.
But really it's a great opportunity...I'm just low-key scared out of my mind.
So there you have it folks. Elder Jeffery R. Holland is coming to
Tucson, who woulda guessed. He's only gonna be here for about an hour,
then he's hoppin on a plane and peacin' out for another assignment.
Elder Elton and I have been working like crazy to make sure all the
missionaries are gonna have a place to stay the night before, because
the entire mission needs to be ready and seated by 7:15am. Doesn't
really work that well for the people that live 4 hours out of Tucson
haha.
As for me, I'll be practicing in the mirror every day for the next
week and a half making sure I say his name right. Welp.
I'll rant some more next week.
Elder Elton and I have been busy, crazy surprise there. I've actually
done more work in my area this past week, than I did all last transfer
combined probably haha. And guess what?! It's payin off! We found 2
new investigators this week, as well as a few potentials.
#Blesssssseeddddd. For real. One is named Jayvon Green, I'm sure you
could guess he's black. (Another blacktism comin your way) We just saw
his name in the old records and stopped by, he was super surprised to
see us! But happy also. We've taught him twice and he came to church
yesterday! :D Honestly not really sure how much he understands...but
he's a good guy, we'll work with what we got. Everyone needs to be
saved! Another guy is named Isaac and he's the roommate of a less
active girl we've been working with named Kimberly, lots of potential
there!
Some Elders broke our mom van (did I ever mention we drive a mini
van?) and so we are currently driving a brand new off the lot 2016
Corolla...mmmm baby. It smells so dang good. Hoping our van is broken
forever.
What else is new? Not much I suppose...we are headed out to the temple
this week for our temple trip, and doing a bunch of exchanges with
Zone Leaders, AND PREPPING FOR AN APOSTLE OF THE LORD. I'm never gonna
be okay with this. Not till it's over haha.
Love y'all to the clouds and beyond <34ever
Btw...today marks 100 days exactly till I land in Salt Lake City. Trippin.
Xoxo
Elder Mitchell
| Jens, our bff that takes the best selfies ever. |
No comments:
Post a Comment