I'm surprised I can still type with how many times my mind has been blown this week. So let us begin.
Transfers
Well, President Passey is fantastic at throwing curveballs, strikes me out every time.
I am not getting transferred. Elder Potter is. He's going to the Gila Valley, and serving on EAC campus, which is awesome for him!! I don't know how I survived here..or survived being a Zone Leader. I'm the first missionary that has served on University Campus for 6 months for at least the past 3 years. I'm also the only current Zone Leader in the mission that has served for more that 5 transfers. (Aka I'll be the most experienced Zone Leader at MLC how did that happen D':) I'm getting old?!
Not done...they also reorganized all the zones. There are now only 7 zones in the mission (there were like 12 when I got here) and we are now known as "Central Zone", which is composed of Tucson Stake, and East Tucson Stake (my old zone) So our zone just got a lot bigger, with a lot more missionaries! Elder Day is going to be my new companion, who is currently serving as the East ZL. I know him pretty well, and he's super awesome! So I'm pumped.
We are also moving. Again.
More big news! They are taking the Sisters out of our ward... So it's just us! So we are moving into the Sister's apartment, which is right off campus. Downsizing...A LOT. It's a studio..but it's a nice studio, and it will be nice to be right next to campus...we'll save a lot of driving.
WHAT ELSE
New Bishopric
After our minds our blown on Saturday night, we go to church the next morning so it can happen again! :D When we get to church I noticed the whole Stake Presidency is there so obviously something is going down..we get into sacrament and it was PACKED, which is rare this time of year (granted 5th ward was there) But yeah. We got a new bishopric. Which is super nuts, because we work super close with the bishopric, and now we have to restart! And get to know people all over again!! BUT WE GOT THE COOLEST BISHOP EVER. His name is Bishop Call, and he is Elder Richard G. Scott's son in law! And holy cow I can already tell he's a freaking stud. I talked to him for about 20 minutes last night and I don't know why he isn't a General Authority, but I know why he married Elder Scott's daughter! (Who is also an angel by the way) I'm super excited to be working with both of them, and also excited to learn more about Elder Scotts life!
Just some random crap now because honestly I'm stressed and this week just was non-stop chaotic, even though we didn't teach much.
Sierra Vista!
Elder Ruiz is going to my old area in Sierra Vista!! And they are changing that area to the new Zone Leader area!!! Which just makes my heart so proud :')) So I'm glad I'll still be seeing Elder Ruiz at MLC and such, plus he can give me the scoop on what's going on in my old
Exchanges
We did trio exchanges again this week. I went with Elder Dustin and Elder Farnsworth. The first thing we did was go to an insane asylum old folks home. Literally. It was so weird. As we are waiting for the elevator, a guy is trying to get in (having a really rough time cause he's in a wheelchair n stuff) So we help him in there, and as we are going up he says to us (in his deep NY accent) "Are you here to see me?" ..."Uhm, if you want us to be!" *silence* *elevator door opens* he says "Follow me." We proceed to follow him down this super long hall...going about -2 mph, and he turns into his room, he spins around "Come here" so we come haha he then starts speaking gibberish to us...so I went and got a nurse and we left lol. I probably got stopped by 5 crazy people on my way out, people me telling that it was snowing green outside and all sorts of things. So that was my New Years Eve! Hopefully you did something as fun as me :)
James Donovan
We also gave lots of blessings this week, both at UMC and at the VA (best part about being a ZL is we get to work out our spiritual muscles more often) #SwollPatrol. I think I mentioned before that the Tucson VA is the #1 VA in the nation apparently and like #8 overall hospital. IT'S NICEEEEE. But we gave the most interesting man in the world a blessing there!! The only reason we know he is the most interesting man in the world, is because he told us about it for about 2 hours before we gave him a blessing. He just recently got baptized in Sierra Vista. He served for 23 years in the NYPD, he's killed 2 people with a bayonet (Nam) after getting shot with an AK-47, received some medals from President Lyndon Johnson while laying in his hospital bed, is an actor for multiple Westerns (he's going to the Oscars this year), friends with tons of famous people, and currently enjoys skydiving and being a new Mormon. So if you want to check his authenticity his name is James Donovan. (I wish I could!)
I could pull out more stuff I'm sure...but my hands are satisfied with what they have typed. Our investigators are doing really well. We were able to Skype Leah and Zeff this week, Leah is glowing with the Holy Ghost, and Zeff will be soon! Nakayla cancelled her lesson because her dog died. Missions are crazy and fun and amazing and wonderful and weird as crap though! I love it! It's just going by a tad too quickly. #life.
MISS ALL YOUR CUTE FACES
CTR
LOVE ELDER MITCHELL 


๐น๐
No comments:
Post a Comment