Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, January 18, 2016

This week would have sucked if it wasn't so good.

I might say this a lot, but I think this was probably the busiest week of my entire mission, probably life. I'M SO TIRED. 

School started this week, so we saw EVERYBODY we haven't seen the past month. Zeff, Leah, Nakayla, James (turns out he really wants to get baptized outta nowhere, so he has a date for the 30th) Plus every other recent convert/investigator we have been working with.

We spent 3 whole days this week in our suits, because we were so busy we didn't have time to change. So rough, bed has felt so good, but of course right when I hit the mattress the alarm goes off so it hasn't been very rewarding :D 

We had Zone Meeting this week...kinda getting tired of training the missionaries for 3 hours every month, but I feel like it's probably made me a pretty decent public speaker/teacher #Blessed. We trained on "The Spirit" soooo freaking hard to do a training on that, it's like the most vague thing ever, but that's what President assigned us to train on, so we did :) A couple cool things about the Spirit though...God trusts us, right? People a lot of times feel that if they aren't really feeling the Spirit guide them, then God isn't talking to them. But really it's just God saying "Come on man, I trust you to make the right decision, there is a reason I sent you to Earth in the first place, so that you can make choices for yourself, and not have someone making all your decisions for you, that was Satan's plan remember?" or something like that lol. John Bytheway said it pretty good in one of his talks, in a roundabout way, talking about marriage, he said that God will usually let us know when we made the wrong choice, or when we shouldn't go down a certain path. But rarely, when we lay multiple GOOD choices before him, will he tell us which one is right, because honestly, they are all right! He expects us to use our own agency and judgement to make choices for ourselves, because they teach us much more, than if God were to always point us in a direction. K I'm done ranting, but that was basically our zone meeting :) Our zone is filled with a bunch of STUDDDDSSSSS. 

UGHGHKLGDJLKDJG I WAS ALMOST DONE WITH MY EMAIL AND HALF OF IT JUST ERASED FOR NO REASON SO NOW I HAVE TO START AGAIN. 

k...where was I...our busy week continued, we finished moving out of our apartment, and had our Zone Temple Trip on Friday!! It was super fun, I drove the transfer van up with about half the zone in it...and I guess I was the only one in the zone certified to drive it...so I drove from 8 am to 8 pm, besides the 3 hour break for the temple and lunch...UGH. It was horrible. It was super windy on Friday so basically I was clinging to the steering wheel with my life, so stressed all day, while all the missionaries in the back just assumed everything was fine and dandy, even though I almost got blown off the road 10 times. By the end of the day I never wanted to drive again. So Elder Day took over and drove our truck back home from the mission office.

Well, my prayer was answered about never wanting to drive again (at least for a few weeks) BECAUSE MY FREAKING WALLET GOT STOLEN :D yep. We just walked outside to go to church, and Elder Day hops in the car and is like dude...come look at this, so I look, anddddd our car is wrecked. There is stuff everywhere, and of course anything valuable is gone (which wasn't really anything..we are missionaries lol) But of course my wallet was in there and a bunch of my gift cards :( aka my whole life. I'm bummed about it, but at the same time, it taught me a lesson to never leave anything in the car that I care about, and I'm sure it will make me more like Christ along the way, I'm learning to forgive, I'm sure I deserved it and that guy probably needed it more than I did haha, but whatevs. The total losses weren't that bad, it's just kinda an inconvenience. I have to get new cards, new license, new temple recommend, new tiwi card (how we log in to drive) new wallet. It's cool :) 

Elder Day also almost died yesterday from losing about a quart of blood from a nose bleed. Don't even ask me...he was in the restroom for about 30 minutes just moaning, I was like "Dude just let me know if you need anything" haha he was bleeding out of every hole in his face. It started getting really creepy when blood started coming out of his tear ducts. Apparently it's happened before though, so he was pretty calm as I was passing out. 

Other stuff....we got a new investigator yesterday named Celeste :) and she's freaking amazing! She wants to get baptized on February 6th and she's totally ready, we don't have to hardly do anything honestly, Jalie also came back from being baptized in San Diego, and she's super duper great as well, Jicell too, and Leah. Plus Zeff, James, and Nakayla, and a new guy named Michael that has been less active the past 2 years, but just decided to come back out of nowhere, and we just got back from eating breakfast with him :)

This email was going to be a lot better but then the computer erased the whole thing....#life

Everything is going great here, I'm just livin it up and lovin life. Time is flying by faster than I would have ever imagined it would.

Love, Elder Mitchell <333333333333 xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooo 


Central Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment