It was such a wonderful week :D definitely one of my most memorable
Christmases! (Probs cuz it was just a few days ago, but I'm sure I'll
remember it forever!) It was so awesome to see the fam :) Miss you
guys! And I miss our house! Haha. It was weird, I haven't seen any of
you in almost 17 months, but it feels like it has only been a couple
weeks?! Idk...didn't even make me trunky :)
Very very eventful week, although it was very slow
proselyting...nobody to really proselyte to...but we did our best.
I'm going to apologize now, there is no way in heck I'm going to
remember all the stuff that happened this week, but it was a lot, so
I'm just gonna ramble and this email is probably gonna be super
disorganized, forgive me, for I really do not know what I'm doing!
We had our half mission conference party, fun and games, food, white
elephant exchange (I got a freaking nerf dunk hoop couldn't be more
satisfied), contests blah blah. It was a good time. Probably the best
part though, was Elder Argyle and Day (For all you EFY nerds that's
Nik Day's little brother #churchfamous) performing their original
"From the Stable to the Stars" SO DANG GOOD. Spirit was intense.
I'll get a recording one of these days. So that was Tuesday.
Wednesday we spent all day with the Central Elders, I went to the
South side aka the last place you want to be in America. Remember how
I said in my last email that Central Ward could compete for the most
ghetto Ward in the church? Well I am standing by that comment 200%
after Wednesday. OH MY GOODNESS. we went some places I would never
wish for anyone to go. It's not even the ghettos. It's outer darkness.
I THOUGHT I had seen ghetto places on my mission. I was wrong. The
trailer park we went to...was worse than the places Elder Parrish
sends pictures of. I kid you not. Unlivable. I'd rather be homeless.
Not to mention some guy cussed us out cause he didn't believe in God?!
Yeah? How's that working out for you buddy? You live in a trash can,
your smoking your life away, your child is playing in a puddle getting
pneumonia right now, keep on doing what you're doing! It's going
great! :D #charity.
Thursday ###ChristmasEve yayyyyy. super great. We went caroling with
the Cannata's, our bishops family, for a few hours, then ate dinner at
like 8. TURKEY AND HAM AND TAMALES. Isn't it weird I had tamales for
both Christmases on my mission? Haha sometimes I swear I'm serving in
Mexico. She is Mexican though, so we had a Mexican Christmas. They
celebrate on Christmas Eve, we sang happy birthday to baby Jesus and
then everyone kissed him, youngest to oldest. It was great :)
Christmas Day was a huge party too obvs, Elder and Sister Skousens
threw a huge part at the institute for our zone. Lots of food, games,
blah Christmas stuff, I won't bore you, but it was great!!! Felt like
Christmas a little :) even though it was hot outside. Haha. We were
going to be eating dinner with President's family (cause YSA probs)
when out of nowhere I get a text from none other than WAYNE DURHAM my
huge black investigator from Sierra Vista!! He was just like...wanna
go to dinner? So he took us out to the only place that was open..Wok
and Roll Chinese Buffet #lol. It was awesome to see him, glad he still
thinks of me! I'm sure we will be friends for a long time.
SO Leah got baptized on Saturday!!! But worst thing happened :(((( So
we were getting all ready to Skype in n stuff, when the lady that was
Skyping us in texts us saying "my bishop said we can't skype a baptism
so we'll skype you when we get home" NOOOOOO we assured her that we
can skype the service, just not the actual ordinance, but she never
texted us back...and so we didn't get to see it :((( UGH PEOPLE and we
still haven't heard from Leah since!!! So we are a little worried, but
I'm sure everything went well haha. MIRACLE TIME so literally minutes
after the baptism would have been over, we get a text from a girl in
YSA 5th ward telling us she has someone for us to teach that wants to
get baptized!!! OKAY, WE'LL DO IT! So right when she gets back from
break we'll be meeting with her and setting a date with her :) Her
name is Celeste.
Other than that Elder Potter and I have been sick with a cold the past
few days which sucks cuz like the first time I've been sick my whole
mission, and it was just annoying. But we are good now. Also
surprisingly the YSA's remembered us during Christmas!! My bff Sydney
got us some bath and body works stuff cuz fav store and she works
there and Renee is putting new batteries in my watches, because some
of them have been dead my whole mission haha. They are so kind, we got
lots of Christmas texts from everyone :)))
This is most likely my last week here, we gets calls on Saturday, so
I'll keep everyone posted, but I am terrified to go :( I really don't
wanna leave, and we have so much good going on here in Tucson
zone...but what happens happens and I'll be glad to serve. God has
taken pretty good care of me.
That's about it! Love and miss you allllllllllllll!!!!!!! :D <3
Love, Elder Mitchell
Christmases! (Probs cuz it was just a few days ago, but I'm sure I'll
remember it forever!) It was so awesome to see the fam :) Miss you
guys! And I miss our house! Haha. It was weird, I haven't seen any of
you in almost 17 months, but it feels like it has only been a couple
weeks?! Idk...didn't even make me trunky :)
Very very eventful week, although it was very slow
proselyting...nobody to really proselyte to...but we did our best.
I'm going to apologize now, there is no way in heck I'm going to
remember all the stuff that happened this week, but it was a lot, so
I'm just gonna ramble and this email is probably gonna be super
disorganized, forgive me, for I really do not know what I'm doing!
We had our half mission conference party, fun and games, food, white
elephant exchange (I got a freaking nerf dunk hoop couldn't be more
satisfied), contests blah blah. It was a good time. Probably the best
part though, was Elder Argyle and Day (For all you EFY nerds that's
Nik Day's little brother #churchfamous) performing their original
"From the Stable to the Stars" SO DANG GOOD. Spirit was intense.
I'll get a recording one of these days. So that was Tuesday.
Wednesday we spent all day with the Central Elders, I went to the
South side aka the last place you want to be in America. Remember how
I said in my last email that Central Ward could compete for the most
ghetto Ward in the church? Well I am standing by that comment 200%
after Wednesday. OH MY GOODNESS. we went some places I would never
wish for anyone to go. It's not even the ghettos. It's outer darkness.
I THOUGHT I had seen ghetto places on my mission. I was wrong. The
trailer park we went to...was worse than the places Elder Parrish
sends pictures of. I kid you not. Unlivable. I'd rather be homeless.
Not to mention some guy cussed us out cause he didn't believe in God?!
Yeah? How's that working out for you buddy? You live in a trash can,
your smoking your life away, your child is playing in a puddle getting
pneumonia right now, keep on doing what you're doing! It's going
great! :D #charity.
Thursday ###ChristmasEve yayyyyy. super great. We went caroling with
the Cannata's, our bishops family, for a few hours, then ate dinner at
like 8. TURKEY AND HAM AND TAMALES. Isn't it weird I had tamales for
both Christmases on my mission? Haha sometimes I swear I'm serving in
Mexico. She is Mexican though, so we had a Mexican Christmas. They
celebrate on Christmas Eve, we sang happy birthday to baby Jesus and
then everyone kissed him, youngest to oldest. It was great :)
Christmas Day was a huge party too obvs, Elder and Sister Skousens
threw a huge part at the institute for our zone. Lots of food, games,
blah Christmas stuff, I won't bore you, but it was great!!! Felt like
Christmas a little :) even though it was hot outside. Haha. We were
going to be eating dinner with President's family (cause YSA probs)
when out of nowhere I get a text from none other than WAYNE DURHAM my
huge black investigator from Sierra Vista!! He was just like...wanna
go to dinner? So he took us out to the only place that was open..Wok
and Roll Chinese Buffet #lol. It was awesome to see him, glad he still
thinks of me! I'm sure we will be friends for a long time.
SO Leah got baptized on Saturday!!! But worst thing happened :(((( So
we were getting all ready to Skype in n stuff, when the lady that was
Skyping us in texts us saying "my bishop said we can't skype a baptism
so we'll skype you when we get home" NOOOOOO we assured her that we
can skype the service, just not the actual ordinance, but she never
texted us back...and so we didn't get to see it :((( UGH PEOPLE and we
still haven't heard from Leah since!!! So we are a little worried, but
I'm sure everything went well haha. MIRACLE TIME so literally minutes
after the baptism would have been over, we get a text from a girl in
YSA 5th ward telling us she has someone for us to teach that wants to
get baptized!!! OKAY, WE'LL DO IT! So right when she gets back from
break we'll be meeting with her and setting a date with her :) Her
name is Celeste.
Other than that Elder Potter and I have been sick with a cold the past
few days which sucks cuz like the first time I've been sick my whole
mission, and it was just annoying. But we are good now. Also
surprisingly the YSA's remembered us during Christmas!! My bff Sydney
got us some bath and body works stuff cuz fav store and she works
there and Renee is putting new batteries in my watches, because some
of them have been dead my whole mission haha. They are so kind, we got
lots of Christmas texts from everyone :)))
This is most likely my last week here, we gets calls on Saturday, so
I'll keep everyone posted, but I am terrified to go :( I really don't
wanna leave, and we have so much good going on here in Tucson
zone...but what happens happens and I'll be glad to serve. God has
taken pretty good care of me.
That's about it! Love and miss you allllllllllllll!!!!!!! :D <3
Love, Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment