Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, June 15, 2015

It's so freaking hot.

I'm too busy to even do anything now I swear. And I would get sent to
Tucson right when summer hits...plus it's humid...like everyone's
always like "Yeah Arizona is a dry heat you're lucky it isn't humid."
PSYCH. It rains all the freaking time plus it's like 105 outside. So
dope.
But man it's a lot different here!! And a lot different being a Zone Leader

I guess I'll tell y'all a little more about the area...so we live
right next to Davis Monthan AFB, so there are always like F-16's and
Apaches and stuff flying everywhere...it's so loud but feels like we
live in Gotham or something haha. But yeah East Tucson really is the
ghetto. People seriously get shot every week...just a couple
weeks ago one of the investigators in the zone got shot up and his
best friend died, messed up. We live across the street from a strip
club, like seriously what was the housing coordinator thinking lol.
Plus half the "employees" live in our complex #Life.

Elder Ruiz is like my brother or something, we couldn't get along
better...we are legit the same person. His life is nuts tho. He was
also in a Crest commercial when he was a kid hahah I'll have to try
and find the video. But we are having a lotta fun man. We have tons
planned for the zone this transfer...East has been dead for some
reason, in the past it's been one of the best zones in the mission.
We're gonna change that. We had zone meeting this week, set some
intense goals...30 baptisms for the transfer...last transfer the zone
had 1. We know we can get it done and the zone is pumped. We are also
getting zone Tshirts....GONNA BE DOPE. Today we are going to Get Air
in central Tucson. So basically we are the sickest Zl's ever. It's
chill.

We had a baptism on Satuday...sickest guy ever, name is Ronald Woods.
Used to be in the Bloods. His twin brother Donald is in jail for life,
but he's one of the most amazing guys I've ever met and I've known him
for less than a week. I'll send pics. I've never seen someone so happy
as him to enter the waters of baptism..he couldn't stop smiling. His
confirmation was amazing. I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE GOSPEL. (Even
tho I didn't do much with him lol)

Our ward is so freakin diverse, literally half the people that
attend...(so about 50-75 people) are investigators or recent
converts...and all types of people it's nuts, but so cool to see the
church growing and people changing their lives for the better.

We are busy all the time with administrative stuff and helping out
other missionaries so it's hard to put focus on our area 😒 but we
have a lot going on. There is a family we are working with right now
called the "Shot With Arrows" hahahaha are u kidding. They are Native
American, obviously, so weird. BUT IT'S AWESOME.

It's so good to see Brayden Foster home! It feels like yesterday we were
opening his call!?!? I remember that was like the first time I met
Alexa hahaha she was like "Hey are you gonna invite me to your mission
call opening??" And I was like yeah dude buts it's not gonna be until
next year...lol she thought I was a senior...do you remember that
dude!?! Anyway lolz.

Gotta give one last shout out to Reva Rindy for the SICK Man Crate.
Def one of the coolest packages I've gotten, where did you even find
that!?! I'll send some pics everyone!

Life is great, church is true, I'm a child of God, and so are you 😘
Bro. Oram

I love East!!!!
I love and miss every freakin one of you ❤️❤️❤️❤️

New address isssssss: 6502 E. Golf Links Rd. #234 Tucson AZ
85730...double check the zip code haha.
Love Elder Mitchell, :)));)))):,p









No comments:

Post a Comment