Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Flying Through an Arctic Hurricane on the Back of a Griffin

This has been the most insane week of my entire missionary experience.
And I apologize if this is spastic and if I don't reply to
everyone...for some reason I got like over 50 emails this week haha.

K, so big news people. I have been assigned to be a Zone Leader for
the East Tucson Zone...holy crap. My new companion is Elder Ruiz, so
freaking sick, me and him were way tight back in the Gila Valley and
now we get to be comps!! 😄 A little background info about him and my
new area: so Elder Ruiz is 1 transfer older than me in the mission, we
are the youngest zone leader companionship in the entire mission...so
basically we have no idea what we are doing. 👌🏻 he is from
Cincinnati, and he's a beautiful Latino boy, so I'll probably learn
some Spanish!! He is 100% American tho. He has a full ride scholarship
to play college baseball, I forget what college. BUT BASICALLY ITS
GONNA BE TIGHTTTT. So, East Tucson. This is the most happenin place in
the whole mission, we are covering southeast Tucson so basically
that's where all the people get shot and stuff. Joy. Yep our area is
pretty freakin ghetto. We also cover the entire Air Force Base in
Tucson so that's gonna be a way cool experience.

I could talk on and on about all of this stuff and blah but I'll try
to move on as quick as possible. So I was called by President last
Wednesday about it and he invited me up to MLC (mission leadership
council) MAN THAT WAS THE MOST INTENSE MEETING IVE EVER BEEN IN MY
WHOLE LIFE. It's already been a crazy different experience having this
new assignment and I haven't even been to my new area yet lol. We have
zone meeting tomorrow and I still have no idea what's going on and we
have to train our zone for 3 hours help me. Some good news! Elder
Deyarmond is in East still!! I know a lot of people in East zone right
now actually so it's gonna be way cool to work with them 😊

Currently I'm sitting in a chapel in Benson waiting for a car to come
by that I have to take up to Tucson. So that's why this is so random
and quick haha.
It's heart wrenching to say goodbye to Sierra Vista, I feel like
that's all I know, I have made so many friends there and people that
are literally like my second family. Yesterday was an emotional roller
coaster saying goodbye to everyone.

Some really strange things happened this past week and I don't have
time to share them all...but one thing was, we met with Chris...our
recent convert, he just came up to us and told us he found another
church and we were like whaaaa? Anyway he wants his records removed
because he "likes the Buddhist temple better" okay Chris. He has
always been a really strange fellow but that was totally random.

ANOTHER CRAZY THING THAT I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW
BECAUSE IT WAS HORRIBLE: So we have this little restaurant in Sierra
Vista called Vinnys, nice little pizza/wing joint. They have this
thing called the "Wall of Flame". You can earn a spot on the wall of
flame by completing the Homicidal Hotwing Challenge. There have been a
few missionaries that have done it...I wasn't about to leave Sierra
Vista without winning a spot on that wall. So we prep for it...and
this last Wednesday. We go in. Let me try to give you an idea of how
hard this challenge is...so you have to eat 20 good sized
wings..that's a lot of chicken. The sauce they use has the same
ingredients that you will find in pepper spray or mace. MACE. I don't
know how it's even legal but I guess it is. Well, let's do it...so we
start going at it...(I missed a part of the story...I woke up feeling
pretty sick but it was my last day I had to do it) and it's honestly
going really well...hurts like heck but hey, no pain no gain. So I get
probably 75% of the way done and eat a bite...and I gotta throw up. I
just sit there trying to hold it down with all I got..no luck, all
over my plate. Disqualified. I felt like crying. But I will be back
Vinnys...I will be back.

Anywayyy, life is crazy right now, my brain is scattered emailing on
iPads is so freaking hard haha. BUT IM SO PUMPED FOR THIS NEW TRANSFER
ITS CRAZY. Every single transfer has just gotten better and better for
me I have no idea why Im getting #blessed so hardcore. Wish me luck,
don't forget to pray for me haha.

I miss and love every single one of you ❤️❤️

Love Elder Mitchell :') 😍😘😘

Sent from my iPad 😋

The Otts

With the Ward Mission leader and his family--that baby clearly knows to keep an eye on Elder Mitchell! ;)

Katie and Amanda!!




"Arizona has the prettiest skies"

"A sick wall"

"Good times in Sierra Vista" --hard to say goodbye. :')

4 comments:

  1. OK, I'm going to comment because I know how exciting it is to get a comment on your blog! The blog looks terrific and, whoa, that Elder Mitchell is ON FIRE!!! So exciting! He'll be an awesome zone leader and I'm sure the people in Sierra Vista will miss him! Great letter....(sorry about the overuse of exclamation marks!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, to add to my above comment, I'm so glad Jesse mentioned food and bodily functions....up till now I thought that maybe Harrison was the only one who had stories to tell about that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out that it IS exciting to get a comment on a blog!! :) Also, QUITE a way to start mentioning food and bodily functions... wow.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete