Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Letter mailed August 16, 2014

Mom & Dad,
I guess this/these are mostly for the kids since I don't hear from them as much...but I guess I'll try to give you some of the smaller details that you probably want to know. So today was p-day and it was pretty short...we just emailed and checked out a cowboy shop, then we had to help this lady finish moving that just moved in. She has all sorts of problems, she is getting kicked out of her other house by the police & has moved 3 times in the past week. Has no money, no job, nothin. But the missionaries have been helping her out...we are about all she has. 
More details on Brother Coleman, the guy we are teaching, he was previously married and has a few kids that are almost 30 now. Has been drinking since he was a little boy and has had a rough life. He is now married to a member who is inactive & has a lot of issues, but they have 2 way cute kids that are 4 yrs and 2 yrs old. Hannah & Marcus. He has been arrested a few times for DUI's and is currently pending to go to court for his most recent one. He quit drinking cold turkey about 100 days ago and says he is ready to do life right this time (with his young kids and everything). He has been through tons of missionaries and never wanted to take the lessons, but he does with us and says that ultimately he wants to get baptized and get sealed to his family. Hopefully his wife can quit smoking too! That's pretty much the deal with him! 
Glad everything seems to be going good at home, I love & miss you tons. Thanks for everything!
Love, Elder Mitchell

Jake
Dude wassup...can't believe you crashed! Someone had to eventually I guess haha. You need to email me more! Do you even miss me? What is your schedule like? Do you still lift? Football sounds awesome, keep it up. What classes are you taking? Tell me about stuff homie! You better be livin up to the Mitchell name!
Love you BB Brother

Drew!
What's up dude?! How is 9th grade? I loved 9th grade, beatin up all the sevies. What classes are you taking? What do you do for fun all day? I sure miss you and your happy attitude. Keep being you man. I love you lots.

Joey
My main man. Sounds like you are being a freaking beast as always. Keep working/playing hard! You're a freaking stud. I miss you tons. Keep eating if you wanna be good in high school. Hit the gym soon haha, miss you dude, keep me updated on college and NFL football!

Ace
Ace Hood! What's up man?! Hopefully your rap career is picking up. How is football? I heard you are the kicker, that's AWESOME! None of us have ever been kicker. Keep working hard, you're a beast, your team needs you. Anything new? I love & miss you!

Sophie!
Hi Sophie, I miss you! Are you still dancing? What do you do for fun all day? Do you love kindergarten? There are a bunch of little girls here that are 5 too! I tell them that you are 5! I miss & love you so much! Keep being a good girl!

Love all of you!--Big brother Jesse

Oh, and someone give Bear a big hug from me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment