Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, February 1, 2016

TucTown still rollin.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!!! GUYS, JASON IS 45, SO SEND HIM A S/O FOR STILL BEIN AROUND. Hope you had a solid time on the cruise :)


Central Zone is so sick! In about 2 weeks, I'm finally leaving, and I'm freaking depressed! Usually 6 months in an area is too much, by the time you hit the end you are ready to go. I'm not kidding when I say I'd be totally content with spending the rest of my mission in this area with this zone. DONT MAKE ME GO 💔 chances are I'll go train somewhere or something, probably go out to New Mexico cause I haven't had that experience yet...(nor do I really want to) but we are getting 17 new missionaries this transfer so chances are pretty high. BUT ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE is that I'm finishing up my assignment as a Zone Leader haha, I've served long and hard, and it's time for someone else to have the experience. Melancholy. Or maybe it's just bittersweet. I like the word melancholy.

Makin Money (spiritual money)
Things are just rollin super well for us, not gonna lie. We are busy day and night. Most the time, we are teaching throughout the day, plus we have other meetings and things we have to fit in throughout the week. Super big blessing. 

My girl Celeste is doing FANTASTIC. You know, sometimes as missionaries you literally feel like peoples parents, watching them succeed and fail along the way, I'm so proud of Celeste :') She is doing so well, despite the fact she is in one of the biggest sororities on campus, she is such a good girl! 

James is makin HUGE steps in the right direction. Still having a rough time quitting smoking though, but he came to us and ASKED US about the Addiction Recovery Program, which was a big deal cause originally he didn't want to do it. I've been teaching him since I got here, and honestly never thought he'd make it to baptism, but he's proving me wrong every day, and I love it. Let's give a round of applause to James.


Zeff. Oh Zeff :'( I FEEL SO HARD FOR HIM. Hate to say it, but his family IS THE  WORST. Like your son is trying his hardest to be the best person he can be, and stay out of trouble in college, and be a good son AND YOU ARE FREAKING RUINING HIS LIFE. He is just getting more and more disheartened, and the last week and a half we didn't even hear from him. We were super worried that we lost him, but finally he texted us out of nowhere saying whats up. Things aren't going good with his family, but we are meeting with him on Tuesday to see what's all going on and how we can help. He's such a stud, and is gonna get hardcore blessings for having to climb through Hell just to get baptized. Satan knows he's gonna be a stud. 


That's the big report on investigators this week. Nakayla, Joey, and our recent converts; Jalie, Leah, and Jicell are all doing fine :)) 

Dinner With Delta Gamma
Yessir. You are correct. We ate dinner at a sorority this week LOL. There is this less active chick in our ward named Chelsea, so we sent her a text and asked her if we could get to know her better! She showed up to church the next day, and invited us to dinner! She is the former President of the Sorority, and apparently the "House Mom" (basically the lady that makes sure that everything in the house runs smoothly) is LDS as well. So we went and IT WAS FREAKING NUTS. First of all, these things are like mansions, sooo nice inside, the University drops some serious money. It's just buffet style...they have a chef that cooks everything, and you go pick up whatever you want to eat! So obviously everyone was like what the heck why are their missionaries here, and so everyone surrounded us and asked us a million questions haha, I could barely eat cause they would never let me! But apparently, they really liked us, and thought we were super chill...so we are now welcome as guests any time in Delta Gamma, haha which means any time we need food, we just knock and they let us in and take care of us. FREAKING CRAZY. 
Other dinner news...We ate with Richard G. Scotts daughter this week! And the first thing I saw when I walked in was the Deseret News National, with the Williams family on the front! And I was like what the heck I know these people! So then we talked a little about the article and ate and it was a good time :) She's super awesome. We got taken out to eat like 5 times this week...either we are getting fed super well (cause no one wants to cook) or we don't get fed at all (cause no one has money). So we ate at Pei Wei, Cheesecake Factory, and Dave's BBQ. Maybe I'll finally start to gain some of my weight back <3

😰😵👙
Saturday was our only slow day this week...we literally had nothin going on, so we spent a lot of time around campus trying to find people and planning. HORRIBLE MISTAKE. As you might know...it's getting hot down here again..it was literally like 85 a few days ago...which means bikini days are back in business...but not just bikini days. On Saturday there were girls all over campus literally wearing just bras and shorts. I CANT EVEN FREAKING DO MISSIONARY WORK WITH THIS. Like for real we might as well just go home and go to bed.


Anyway, sorry my email is so late...we went mini golfing today (yes I won, again.) And just got done...:D But I love you all and miss your guts!!!!

Love, Elder Mitchell 🐨🌳🎳🚗

No comments:

Post a Comment