Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, February 8, 2016

I Hate the Broncos. But I Love Being a Missionary.

I got the play by play from one of my good friends Steph Shaw. She was
definitely a homie since I couldn't physically watch the game, which is probably a really good thing because I would have been livid the entire game from what I heard </3.

We had a ridiculously busy week, again, and I'm still busy right now!So I'm gonna try to keep it short and sweet.
Transfers are next week and I find out if I'm leaving (more like whereI'm leaving to) on Saturday. It's gonna be rough 😔 I'm excited still for the future, I'm sure whatever happens, I'll have a great experience and learn and grow lots :D

Tuesday was such a rough day...Zeff drop kicked us to Jupiter. He just couldn't handle the pressure from his family anymore, they basically gave him an ultimatum, and he backed out. It's really sad, I've become really good friends with him, and he's such a good kid, he didn't deserve that. But I feel that he'll make it eventually, it will just have to be further down the road when he isn't so reliant on his parents. We also had 4 of our 6 lessons cancel that day :/ I just wanted to go home and go to bed honestly haha, but we kept working.

Friday was MLC, probably my last one ever :( that's just my opinion though...anything could happen haha. It was really good, we learned about unity, and receiving revelation. I got a new temple recommend as well, signed by none other than President David G. Passey! Future General Authority for sure.

We had interviews earlier this week with him, where we discussed when I'll be coming home. It's looking like July 20th! So in a little more than 5 months..I'll be home D: I can't even handle it.

Saturday was likely the happiest day of my entire life. It was very fitting that it also marked 18 months in the mission field. I went to the Mesa temple to watch the Perreira family be sealed for time and all eternity. The Zufelts picked Elder Farnworth, Elder Garcia and Iup from Tucson and we drove up to Mesa!! It was so weird being out of the mission..but so nice, Mesa is heaven compared to Tucson haha, it's so much nicer up there. The temple was amazing. As they were sealed I don't think I've felt more happiness, it was just a feeling of pure peace and joy. It makes all the hard days worth it, it makes 2 years worth it! I could go on and on about it, but it was just a good day,so good to be reunited with so many of my good friends from Sierra Vista.

Love and miss you all.
Love, Elder Mitchell






No comments:

Post a Comment