Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I'm Not Dead...But I Have a Pretty Good Excuse for Not Emailing

I apologize ahead of time, I'm so exhausted I can barely put any enthusiasm into this email, although I'm very excited :D 

The past 3 days have been the craziest, most demanding of my entire mission. I don't really know a good way to explain everything that's been going on, and I definitely want to sound humble and grateful for this opportunity.

Transfers
Friday morning I received a call from President Passey, and he asked me to be his Assistant.  I felt sick most of that day...haha, I wasn't expecting the call at all, usually they call the new AP's the Monday before, but it was such a hectic week that they didn't have time to bring me in or call me, even though they had made the decision the week before. 

My schedule has gone a little like this..:
Sunday: My transfer was Sunday night (everyone else is Tuesday, this morning) so I said goodbye to Elder Day and the ward, and drove up to the Mission Home, where we had a conference call with all the new trainers. We then had a meeting with President and Sister Passey talking about what we will be doing the next couple days...which is a lot haha. We then celebrated President's 49th birthday, as well as Valentines with cake cuz duh.
Monday: Not P-day for me haha. I didn't have time to unpack or anything, just sleep, didn't eat all Sunday...still losing weight, I guess missionary work is a little more important than food sometimes though :) We picked up the new missionaries from the airport at 10:30 am. IT WAS SO COOL AND CRAZY AND I LOVED IT. Flashbacks on flashbacks. I can't believe it was 18 months ago that I was coming down the same escalator...now just on the other side. At about 11:30 we ran to the Mormon Battalion monument (a mission tradition) After which we took all the missionaries to the Stake Center to eat lunch and have a few hours of training. It was super stressful because there was 0 preparation on my part, I kinda just had to roll with everything and do my best to make sure the new missionaries were having a good experience and understood everything lol. Eventually we got out of there, ate dinner at the Mission Home, answered questions for all the missionaries, and had a testimony meeting. We finally got to bed, got all the missionaries tucked in, and got a few hours of sleep, on to Tuesday!
Tuesday: Woke up early to get everyone to the transfer site, set up, I conducted the meeting, and gave a training on obedience and the Missionary Handbook. We assigned the New Missionaries their Trainers, and it was super awesome...we have such solid new missionaries, and the best trainers in the mission. Elder Catchatoorian and Elder Jackson are one of the companionships, they played on the USU Lacrosse team together before the mission, and are going to my first area!! Super sweet, we have a bunch of power companionships. Elder Deyarmond is training again too :) My posterity is still growing. I suppose that's it for now...Elder Ruff is my new companion, and this is the first time we've been able to chill for a minute for the past 3 days haha. 

Alsooo...I woke up yesterday morning, and my iPad somehow broke during the night, so that's been an issue too haha, but we're gonna fix it. I'm currently using a loaner haha. 

Anyway...I can't really put into words all the things going on, I'm gonna be really busy, and missionary work is going to be really different the next few transfers, but I'm super excited, and feel super blessed that God has given me so many opportunities to learn and grow and better myself, I feel I become better and better each day. 

I'll try to get back to as many of you as I can, but I apologize if I don't email until next week, I'll try my best, cuz loves <3

Miss you all terribly!

Elder Jesse Mitchell


1. President has so much swagger.
image1.JPG
2. Just me cuz (mormon battalion run)
 image2.JPG
3. All the new missionaries and their trainers (biggest group we've had since I came in the mission)
image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment