That's how my week went.
True Story:
On Tuesday, I almost passed away. There was a blood drive at the
church, so we went of course, free food, free t-shirts, what more do
you want. After a 2 hour wait, (and finding out there were no free
t-shirts) I finally get in to the little pre-blood donation tent,
where they prick your freaking finger and all that. After about an
hour wait, because they were TRIPPING I went to China last year, they
finally got it all squared away and got me on a table to donate. All
is going well up to this point, kinda, and I'm feeling great. They get
the blood flowing, and after about 2 minutes the guy comes over and is
all "You're doing well, you got about 2.5 minutes left" and all that
jazz. Comes around the corner 30 seconds later and is like "Hmmm..you
are slowing down a lot...let me see if there is a problem with the
needle.." So he fiddles around with the needle and tells me it was
stuck against the wall of my vein (ugh) and gets it to where it should
be. He then says "Oh wow..the blood is flowing REALLY fast now, you're
gonna be done any second." He walks away for like 20 seconds, and then
comes back and says "Oh shoot you're done" it's not good when they say
"shoot" I'm guessing. The little beeper thing is going crazy and this
guy is freaking out trying to get the needle out of my arm. After a
few minutes of him tryna get it out of my arm..I tell him "I'm feeling
really light-headed." He then yells "COLD CLOTH NOW!" and 5 people run
outta nowhere and start slapping cold cloths all over my body and
start blowing this huge fan on me. They then start to put blood BACK
into me..it actually hurt really bad..I guess they have this reverse
switch on the needle, but yeah, it sucked. I'm starting to doze off at
this point and the guy is screaming at me "DONT CLOSE YOUR EYES."
Happened a few times...after about 10 more of the most intense minutes
of my life...all calms down, they get the needle out and send me on my
merry way..which apparently, I didn't look very merry. So yeah, they
took too much blood out of me. Joy. I am now terrified to give blood.
In happier news, we got transfer calls Saturday night..and boy oh boy
get ready for this one. So we were assuming Elder Ruiz was gonna
leave, and I was gonna stay 1 or 2 more transfers, ya know the normal,
probably getting Elder Argyle and combing the zones, because that's
what we have talked with President Passey about. Well, they are
combing the zones and Elder Argyle is coming to East, but I'm the one
that's leaving haha. I KNOW, WHAT IS GOING ON I HAVE BARELY EVEN BEEN
HERE. But guess where I'm freaking going. To the freaking UNIVERSITY
OF ARIZONA CAMPUS BABY. YSA 3rd ward aka: The Most Envied Area in the
ATM. And guess who my comp is? Elder Judy hahahaha. My MTC companion.
Surprise surprise. We were ZL's together in the MTC now we are ZL's
over the Tucson Zone. Good times. School just started, their first
game is this Saturday :D it's gonna be sickkkkkkk (not that I can
watch it anyway). I'm super pumped. I'm also terrified it might be too
hard to be a missionary on campus..I'll give you the update next week,
I'm headed there tomorrow.
It's pretty weird leaving the Palo Verde ward so quickly..I have made
some good friends here and we have a lot of work going on the past few
weeks. It's just weird!! It was too quick! Luckily I'll be able to
come back for all the baptisms we have coming up in the next few
weeks. We just taught a kid last week and set a date with him, his
name is Jack, and his family is totally inactive. We shared the
Restoration, the spirit was dense. Earlier this week we got a text
from his dad saying.."We just got done ordering some garments. Thank
you so much for helping our family." THAT'S THE SICKEST PART OF
MISSIONARY WORK RIGHT THERE.
Omar is still doing great, loving church and making friends. It's
still crazy we found him tracting. Then we have 3 kids, Jack, Nicole,
and Ethan, who are all getting baptized in the next few weeks. The
field is white my friends.
Tucson is so confusing. Seriously
the dirtiest city. People are so lost here, I'm going to Central, not
much better than East haha. #TheDirtyT we call it.
Crazy week, my mind is just too blown to even recall what went on.
Some crazy freaking lighting and rain storms..crazy. Lovin it.
Love all of you, miss all of you. You're all WONDERFUL :D
Just know that at least 3 people love you, God, Jesus, and me! I'm
sure the Holy Ghost loves everyone too, so we'll make it 4.
Have a blessed week.
-Elder Mitchell! :'p
| Here's a pic of a beautiful pizza I made. |
No comments:
Post a Comment