A year ago I never thought I'd be sending this email haha. While it
hasn't really been a year (it will be this Thursday) I'll take this
opportunity to reflect, and I invite you to reflect with me. Yes that
means this email will probably be more spiritual, not my forte I
know..I apologize. I'll try to bring the humor in where I can.
You might notice the subject line says "The Best One Year." Cliche I
know, which is the last thing I want to be. This email overall is
probably pretty cliche, but let's roll with it. When I say this has
been the best year I do not mean it has been the most fun, the
easiest, the most enjoyable, or the most adventurous (it's Arizona
come on), but I do agree with thousands of other missionaries around
the world that it has indeed been THE BEST. Maybe not the best year of
my life, but certainly the best year for my life.
I remember leaving for the MTC, just like my good friend Elder Parrish
did this past week, wondering what the heck I was getting myself into.
I wasn't ready, wasn't excited, wasn't really all that willing, but I
came. And I'm really glad I did. I have grown up a little bit,
probably matured, (I'm sure you are all glad to hear), learned what
really is important in life, and most importantly gained a testimony.
Being out here has not only changed what I do, but what I want to do.
Our mission motto is "Choose to Become". I feel that is what I have
done this past year. I have chosen to become something greater than I
was last August. It has affected my life forever. It has changed my
goals for life, my vision for the future. The kind of friend, brother,
son, husband, and father I hope to be (Let's hope I get that far
haha). I care about people more, I desire to help, I want to be good,
and be an example to those around me.
I have learned more this last year than the past 18 before. I have
made life long friends, met people that have changed my life forever,
and been able to take part in changing others lives. I could go on and
on.
I have a testimony, I have learned these past 12 months that God does
love us. All of us. The rich, the poor. The saint, and the sinner. I
know when we pray, he listens. When we hurt, he hurts. When we
rejoice, he rejoices. I know Jesus Christ lived, and died for us, and
that his love isn't conditional either. I know that he knows us. He is
ready to help. I know that the gospel the only way to have lasting
happiness. I have learned that trials freaking ROCK. Attitude is
everything. And that "Life is meant to be enjoyed, not only endured."
And I've greatly enjoyed sharing that with those around me.
I am grateful for all of you, that have been a part of my life, and
have been cheering me on this past year. I have the greatest family
and friends there are to be had <3 I am so blessed.
I know this year is going to have plenty of new opportunities to learn
and to grow, I hope I can continue to change each and every day. If
you are thinking about going on a mission, stop thinking and go. I
haven't regretted a day. Nor will I ever.
Time flies when you are having fun.
I love each one of you :') Thank you for everything!!
Love,
Elder Jesse Mitchell πΌπΌππΌ
Lots of pics are coming btw..
No comments:
Post a Comment