Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, August 10, 2015

Solid Week in EAST SIDE



#Milagros comin up folks. 

Let's break this thing down...

Exchanges With the AP's
So we went on exchanges with the assistants this past week..this time I had the chance to go to their area, one of the University of Arizona's YSA wards. IT WAS DOPPE. It's interesting how much different missionary work is depending on the group of people you are talking to..it's easy as heck to talk to kids my age. Even if they aren't interested at all, you can still be chill with them and be friends. It's a little different in a family ward because adults kinda automatically put up that barrier of "Stupid teenagers don't know crap I'm not gonna listen to a kid." type thing. So that was a nice little day of talking with the college kids. I ALSO ATE AT FIVE GUYS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE IVE BEEN HOME HALLELUJAH. Andddd guess what folks, we set a date with Robert...one of our investigators, to be baptized on September 5th :') #Milagro 

Shot With Arrow Family
I think I talked about this family before...but yeah their last name is legitimately "Shot With Arrow" #HopiTribeRepresent I have a considerable amount of interest pertaining to their last name, I feel sorry for the feller that had to get shot for them to earn that one. Anywayy #Milagro comin up...So Elder Ruiz and I were driving around, with nothing to do, happens kinda often, and we pass their house. Both of us are pretty much thinking "nahhhhhhh". They are really flakey and home 1% of the time, so we drive past, and a couple minutes later both of us are like "Yep we gotta go see em." So we gooo cause ya gotta listen to the spirit it's kinda important, and they are home. #MilagroNumero1. We talk to them for a little, and just end up being super bold with them, they are all members except for one of their daughters isn't baptized, and are just 100% inactive. So we pretty much just say "Why the crap aren't you coming to church" (in a more loving and Christlike way) Turns out to be just what they needed. After long discussion and a lot of scripture sharing and bearing testimony, they are like...yeah screw this what are we doing we will see you at church. And they came yesterday!!! :DD #MILAGROSSSSSS 

I'll move along this is getting lengthy

My Girl Nicole
Nicole is a 9 year old little sweetheart, her mom was recently baptized, and her brothers and dad are hardcore anti-mormons. #Heckkkyeah. So we have been trying to get her in the water for some good time now. She comes to church every week, but for some reason just doesn't want to be baptized, mostly because she has a hard time getting to know people, and doesn't really like us. (She is a super mature 9 year old) So Elder Ruiz and I have been doing EVERYTHING we can to earn Nicole's trust, we buy her candy bars, tomorrow night we are actually bringing her some chicken nuggets because she said she needs a snack while we teach her lolol. We went over last Tuesday night...and she just comes right up to us and says "I've decided to get baptized" AHH TEARS OF JOY :') And she is super excited..she calls herself "A future mormon." And whenever her family gives her crap about it, she stands up for herself. She rocks. Only problem is...she needs her dad's permission, and he's kinda fighting it right now, but we're gonna get it. What is wrong with parents not wanting their kids to have eternal life and joy? If only they knew. #MilagroWassup


I guess I will end with a strange story... just for kicks and giggles. We are team teaching this guy named Tim..he is 18...very strange fellow, but has a baptismal date (YSA Elders ugh). And is having a rough time with his family. VERY long story short...his step mom is mad he wants to get baptized...and Tim always wears a red bandana around his arm..sooo, she hired some gang members from the Crips to go beat him up real good..and they did (one of his friends caught it on film.) Very interesting...sounds like a solid family unit they got going on. Aren't we so grateful for gospel principles? 

I have way too much to share so I'm just gonna end with one of my favorite little speeches/scriptures of all time. "Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God" #SermonOnTheMountYeahhhBoyy Luke 12..I'm gonna share a few verses but read the whole thing...

22 ¶And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31 ¶But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I've seen this to be so true. If we put God first...he will give us all we need, I see it so much on my mission. I'm not saying you can't be happy or successful without putting God first, but those people could be so much happier and even more successful if they did! I think this is one of life's greatest rules. God knows what we need, if we put him first, and seek his kingdom, the rest shall be added unto us. 

I love you guys!! :)) Sorry no pics this week :((

Love, Elder Mitchell ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment