Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, August 24, 2015

Wonderful Week of Conferences

It's pretty ironic that right as everything starts to go right in our area the end of the transfer happens </3 We get calls this Saturday night what's gonna happen, Elder Ruiz is probably leaving, and it's a high possibility they combine our zone with the Rincon zone next door and I'll be with my bff Elder Argyle! :D hopin and prayin. Anyway it's been a solid week.

We had Zone Conference to start off, East hosted of course cause we rock. It was a great meeting. We performed a special musical number "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" oh joy. We all had some sort of instrument, I played the finger cymbal <3 I would send the video..but it's just too precious. So that was pretty awesome/ridiculous. There was one super sweet part of Zone Conference that I want to share...so a few months ago Elder Corbridge from the 70 came down for a mission conference and talked about "The Most Important Thing" (basically the atonement) and how we help our investigators understand that. Sweet quote right here..."The only reason people don't accept our message is because they don't understand it. If people understood what we had to offer them, they would crawl over broken glass to get it." ...

It's so true.."O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" (Alma 29:1) That's how I feel about it! It's so rough when people decide they don't want to be part of our church, or when they won't just take a few minutes to listen to what could change their lives. It's hard to help people understand why they literally NEED this. 
We do what we can. 

We also had stake conference this week, pretty solid. We sang in the stake choir too (I know, the mission has done wonders for me.) All about the Tucson Temple cause everyone is PUMPED. And we had a big discussion where the Stake President opened it up to the audience for comments, very interesting but pretty cool. Omar came, of course, BECAUSE HE IS THE MOST SOLID PERSON AROUND. I love him, he's so legit, always pumped when we come over, and he's so excited to get baptized, believes everything, literally a miracle we ran into him. 

Also ran into some people that live in Eaglewood @chipotle this week...that was pretty cool, they have high school age kids but I didn't recognize them at all, anyway. 

After we got home from the gym a few mornings back...as we were walking to our apartment a guy yells to us "Hey Elders!!" how he knew we were missionaries I know not. (We were in our gym clothes.) He asks us for a Book of Mormon, and tells us he was meeting with the missionaries a few years back, was ready to get baptized, but a few things went down and it didn't work out. But now he is ready again!! His name is Michael and he has read the Book of Mormon every day since. He's already in 2 Nephi. So legit, Miracle Maker Mitchell is still alive and well ha! 
jokes credit goes to God <3 not like I did anything right haha. 

I guess that's about it?? Going mini golfing today so you know what that means, also Mom do you think you could do some research about hair loss because I'm really starting to get concerned people keep telling me I'm balding and I can't tell if they are just trying to scare me or they are being serious. I would be devastated. I'll do anything to keep these locks tell me what supplements I have to get.

Love y'all as always. I'm praying for the each of ya. <3

HAVE A GREAT FREAKING WEEK. 
The skies here are always so trippy.

Hair loss???? (editors note: He will be fine.)
Love, Elder J Mitchell ðŸ’•💅




No comments:

Post a Comment