I am prematurely apologizing for the length of this one.
Let us talk about Elder Potter, I love this kid!!! He is from Moore, Idaho, town of about 120, you'd never guess. He is thee chillest. Just what we need here in good ole YSA 3. Pillow talks have been a favorite this week.
Getting Dropped HARD.
Depressing. Luis and Cameron dropped us this week, one right after the other, Elder Potters first 2 days </3 I felt so bad, it was rough. They dropped us for no reason too, kinda just out of the blue, trials are a great thing I suppose, pray for em every night, gotta be willing to take the hits. "CAUSE IT AINT ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN HIT, IT'S ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN GET HIT, AND KEEP MOVING FORWARD, HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE AND KEEP MOVING FORWARD." Thank you Rocky. Miracles coming up folks stay tuned.
BIG NEWS RIGHT HERE READ UP.
We had a surprise MLC this week, and guess who was the honored guest? Elder Lynn G. Robbins :') It was GLORIOUS. He is THE mannnn. It was only for the Zone Leaders and STL's unfortunately, but what a blessing it was to be there. I learned more in those 3 hours about life than I feel I have learned in any other training. He talked about agency, and responsibility. I feel like a new human being <'3 Rejuvenation nation. This is not all the General Authority contact we had this week, keep on readin
Ethan's Baptism!!! :D
Ethan is someone I taught in East if you remember, he finally got baptized!! So I was able to go back to watch that, and give a talk, had to wing it tho :/ Got ZERO time to prepare, I was told I nailed it though, what can I say. Plussss... Elder Ruiz is in our zone now and the one who baptized him so it was great to spend a few hours with him again. LOVE HIM.
Elder C. Scott Grow of the Seventy
We had the bless-ED (notice accent please) opportunity of picking up Elder C. Scott Grow from the airport Saturday morning...and not gonna lie, it was probably one of the strangest feelings I have had on my mission being in that airport again. The last time I was there was 14 months ago, and the next time I'll be there is when I'm heading home. UGH. So much nostalgia going on right now tears are going to start flowing. It was just us and the Assistants picking him up, it was so cool just to talk to him one on one for a minute, he gave us a hug, sent us his blessings, and we were on our merry way <3 It has indeed been a bless ed week.
Tucson Arizona Temple Groundbreaking AKA Big Deal!!! :D
President Uchtdorf came down to do it, which was big news! Because the First Presidency often times won't do those, but he loves AZ so he came :)) It was super funny, and super weird seeing so many people I knew on the broadcast! People from my past areas and such. Plus President and Sister Passey were looking great as always up there on the stand. BLESSED. Which reminds me...a few people were watching the news, and said they saw me on campus!!! So mom, I finally made it big!! :D Hope you're proud <3
Zeff and Connel
So like I said...getting dropped sometimes is a huge blessing because..like God says in D&C 121 "if you endure it well, you shall be exalted on high" we are seeing our blessings come now! We received a referral for probably the sickest kid I've taught on my mission from the Gila Valley, and he ready to get baptized!! His name is Zeff (dope) and the kid is a stud and a half. We also had someone in our ward invite their friend to an activity, his name is Connel, he is from Malawi and he is the mann!! He told us he would love to learn more so we are going to start teaching him as well.
Well y'all, that's about it this week, it's been eventful as heck, I feel super tense because I haven't been able to sit down for 5 minutes, hyped up.
I love you beautiful people, shouts to Jordan Hall for arriving home safely <3 Pics to come.
Kisses hugs and so many blessings <'3
Love, Elder Mitchell 🙏🏼
ALSO JAKES BIRTHDAY IS ON WEDNESDAY SO EVERYONE MAKE SURE HE HAS THE BEST DAY EVER BECAUSE HE IS TURNING FREAKING 18.
thx.
| 1. Sisters depiction of me (im iron man if you cant tell) sickkk --Sister Poznaski drew it |
| LYNN G. ROBBINS HEYOOO (sorry for the over editing, the lighting was no bueno) say hi to Elder Potter!! |
| Saying bye to my beloved Elder Hall |
No comments:
Post a Comment