Well gosh dang it's been an eventful week. Let us discuss.
I guess I'll start with the big news first, Elder Judy is leaving, headed to good old Sierra Vista :') As for me, I will be training a new ZL! Whaaaaa. I am now what "they" would call a Godfather. His name is Elder Potter <3 aka BDE. First name is not Harry so don't ask, I've only heard it 1,391,294 times. I'm pumped tho! And terrified! :D I still don't know this area at all, navigation is a 0, I'm getting a ton of pressure put on me.
Phone call with Elder Hall last night (2nd Bff AP, 1st Shand Hardy) "PRESIDENT TRUSTS YOU A TON, YOU ARE GONNA MAKE OR BREAK THE REST OF THIS KIDS MISSION." Lump in the throat. I'll let you know how it goes :) I'll be meeting up with him tomorrow, I'm sure there will be pics coming next week.
In stranger news...really a lot stranger:
We invited Luis to come to church with us this week, he said he would like to, but he has his church in the morning before ours, so he wanted us to come to his first, and then go to ours, we were like sure man!!! REGRETTING. So this was his crazy anti lady friends church, called "The Rock". It is a non-denominational Christian church, and my life will never be the same. It literally made me question the human race. I WISH I could begin to put into words the strangeness of everything happening, I have never felt so uncomfortable in my entire life.
....
1. It was a rock concert, no exaggerating, a Jesus rock concert (the music was horrible)
2. Everyone HAD to be on acid or something, everyone was acting so strangely, I guess that's how they worship?..like people were just dancing like crazy and it was like everyone was in a trance. People were just laying on the ground mumbling things like ON THE VERGE OF TEARS. NEVER AGAIN LUIS, N E V E R AGAIN.
3. The Pastor just yelled at everyone for like 30 minutes! I literally thought he was going to pass out, and he contradicted everything he said!!
PEOPLE PLEASE BE GRATEFUL THAT WE BELONG TO THE TRUE CHURCH.
I wish I could vent more, but the spirit constraineth me.
Anywayy, Luis came to church! And he likes ours a lot more! Haha I WONDER WHY. But best part about church...we had 7 investigators show up!! 4 for us and 3 for the Sisters. Soooo great.
We had a lot of miracles this week, just small stuff here and there that make a big difference. James is making huge steps in the right direction, he has finally come to the acceptance that there IS a God, now he is just deciding how he wants to react to that belief. Cameron had a small rough patch where he was too scared to come to church, but he overcame it and is pumped to move forward!! He should be getting baptized in the next few weeks. Luis, obviously making a lot of progress, he is no longer being super influenced by his anti friend. He just does what he feels is right :) And Leah of course is an angel and couldn't be a better investigator...the only problem is she wants a "Christmas Baptism" so we are waiting till December 26th. UGH.
Oh one more thing!! We saw this guy get in a super bad bike accident (a member) and turns out he dislocated his leg, we accidentally popped it back into place hahah, the ambulance came and everything, he passed out, it was great. Sorry for the lack of detail.
And yessss!!! Ponderizing is awesome!!! And definitely a big deal, no one can stop talking about it. He hit it out of the park. The first scripture I did last week was more of a missionary scripture. But this week I'm doing D&C 130
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated--
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
I know..already a scripture mastery, but this has so much to it! Literally any time we get ANY blessing it is because we did something right! So, if we want to be more blessed...who doesn't...we know the formula, be more obedient! So yeah, that's what I'm doing right now :) The whole putting it where you will see it a lot thing is way good too.
Life is great :) I'm super pumped to finally be taking over an area again, Elder Potter sounds like a stud, and things are looking bright! I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. I can't wait to feel each of your warm embraces again <'3
Kisses n blessins. πππΌπΌπΌ
-Elder Mitchell
PS...HAPPY 16? BIRTHDAY DREW! ARE YOU KIDDING THAT IS THE WEIRDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD BE EXPECTING A CARD AND $10 CUZ THAT'S HOW LAME I AM. Mother..I promise your letter will come also.
| All our investigators at church!! :D |
| My face when Elder Judy starts singing right when the alarm goes off and won't stop until 3 hours later. |
No comments:
Post a Comment