Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, September 28, 2015

Oh Tucson, how oft would I have gathered thee under My Wing

Well this was a pretty rough week if I do say so myself.

Let me give you the update on life.

Investigators:

Luis- Was the most solid human being I have met on my entire mission,
but right when his anti-mormon friend came into the picture,
he doesn't want anything to do with it. UGH WHERE IS MY CHARITY. He is
using the worst freaking excuses too, like "You guys add to the bible"
and "Your church takes away freedom" WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LUIS.
Pls stop. Anyway, it'd be nice if Satan would just back off for a sec.
But that's not God's plan now is it?

Cameron- Doing great, BUT, sorry to be so negative, he
couldn't make it to church last week, because he couldn't find
it...idk how you don't find it, it's in the middle of campus.
But he couldn't. So to avoid that again...we said we'd come to his
house so he could follow us. So we show up, AND HE ISN'T FREAKING
THERE DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY MILES WE JUST WASTED CAMERON. Anddd we
missed the sacrament. Love it.

Ryan-Is a hardcore addict, and we are doing everything we can to help
him quit. We have been going through the stop smoking program for him,
buying him all the supplies he needs..well he is getting nowhere. He
even got his bike stolen so I told him I'd sell him mine for a killer
$100. Well he has no money right now..so his down payment was half of
his tobacco, it was actually really intense, he gave me a handful, and
as we were leaving, I stood in the wind and let it go. Shoulda been in
a movie.

So that's that..
I'll give you the update on the hammy...and I'm sorry Jerry, sorry to
all those that have given me such great advice, and shown such loving
concern for my leg, I apologize.
I was slightly justified though...so Saturday morning rugby is a big
deal here..and my team was down a player, and in rugby it's so unfair
to have more players than the other team, so I had to help out, I
couldn't watch them get throttled like that. PLUSSSSS it was the last
week that Elder Webber (BYU rugby player) was gonna be there :( but
yeah I regret it tbh.

Which brings me to my next topic...our Zone </3 Three
missionaries are leaving this week!! :(((( Sister Poznanski is going
back to Temple Square, and Elder Webber and Elder Mitchell are going
to Angola, Africa tonight. Ugh so sad, we have become such good
friends, only to be torn apart. Missions are so rough. Butttt happy
news is, Elder Call (now known as Tanner Call, he went home a couple
months ago) randomly showed up at the institute yesterday!! :D It was
like seeing one of my best friends. So good.

The UofA game was so freaking intense this week. College gameday came,
and everyone was going all out, I've never seen so many tailgaters in
my life. You couldn't even walk. All to get freaking hammered by UCLA.
Which I'm actually pretty happy about because kids here will talk to
much smack on BYU and that was just a slap in the face. Although I'm
super depressed about BYU. How in the heck did they let that happen.
Ugh.

Last thing...this morning we went up to "A Mountain" it's the mountain
with the "A" on it. I know, super clever, well thought out. That kinda
explains Tucson. Don't give a crap about anything. We watched the
Sunrise, I still don't know why...and looked over the Dirty T. It's so
dirty. I had the realization that I was legitimately serving in a
super dangerous, run down, piece of crap city. And somehow I still
love it hahaha. I'll send pics.

It just reminds me of Christ Lament of Jerusalem.
Oh Tucson, how often would I have gathered thee under my wings, as a
hen gathereth her brood, and ye would not!!!
That's how I feel, every freaking day.

Butttt I sure do love y'all!! And I do feel horrible about another
very lame, and not funny email. I will get back on my game. Elder Judy
just really doesn't care for it, he just likes to buy groceries for 2
hours. Not complaining, (maybe a little)

Loveeeee,
Elder Mitchell <3333
The "Dirty T"

Sunrise

My long lost friend, Elder Call


No comments:

Post a Comment