confused about AZ. And I've been here for a year and I'm still so
confused.
It's been a..uh, really eventful week. My body is definitely
deteriorating at a rapid rate. So that's good news. I have
successfully made my hamstring even worse, and am now on and off with
crutches. Heck yeah. Elder Judy made me make a vow that I wouldn't
play sports until it's better. I vowed. It sucks. You guys should see
it though, it's all purple and stuff. Super attractive.
I also have been semi sick all week, my freaking cough won't go away,
and my nose won't stop running. Love that. But I guess that's about it
besides the whole balding thing..I actually just decided to stop
washing my hair and that might help, today is day 4 without a wash,
going pretty strong. I think it's helping.
I'm not really sure where to start, but I do have to share one
experience that might take a few paragraphs, I will try and use very
simple terminology...
DEVIL TACO CHALLENGE:
So there is this guy..named Gabe (hate him) in our ward, who makes
these tacos. They are called Devil Tacos (obviously) I'll just go
through the ingredients real quick...so he cooks the meat in Ghost
Peppers, (weak), he then coats the shell in Ghost Pepper powder (still
weak), don't ask me how he got this but he then puts a line of pure
capsaician, (the thing that makes things hot, literally) down the
middle of the taco. (pretty rough now) then adds Trinidad Scorpion
sauce (hotter than ghost pepper) and ghost pepper sauce on top. Yes.
This is a real taco. Yes I did partake. No I'm not okay. I can't
really put into words how bad it hurt...I do have a video for when I
get home. But I cannot think of a time where I have been in more
physical pain. Tears literally started just coming. It was horrible.
Then I threw up about an hour later to experience it all again.
Ugh..I'm done talking about it...It was just so bad.
In other news...Elder Judy's bday is today! Me and the Sisters planned
a fun little thing, when we got up for sports this morning and he
walked out the door (6:00 am) Sister Afemata slammed a pie in his face
and the other sisters soaked him with silly string..it was pretty
great.
Saddest thing ever...we were walking around this complex trying to get
to one of our investigators houses, when we see 2 guys kinda freaking
out..so we ask if they need help. They said yeah and took us to their
yard (it's night time) where we see a pitbull stuck on a coat
rack..well turn out she was really stuck. She was trying to protect
her puppies and was moving the coat rack and slipped, and the coat
rack went through her throat and chest and then couldn't come back out
:((( ugh kill me. So we had to pick up the entire coat rack and dog,
and move it to a car where they took it to the vet. I hope it lived.
It sucked.
The UofA game was this weekend, which also means wear as little
clothing as possible contest. We actually saw a girl riding her bike
to the game wearing nothing, and she crashed super bad...we ran over
to help, but served her right..kinda. That wasn't very Christlike of
me..:/ they won like 77-13 I'm pretty sure. They basically played a
high school team. Their 4th string qb freaking scored. I heard BYU
barely lost to UCLA, that's not too bad, I heard UCLA is dang good.
I'm just rambling. My mind is everywhere, things are so crazy right
now, but it's all good!!! :D We have 3 baptismal dates right now, so
things are solid in YSA 3rd ward, we keep getting more and more
miracles every day! And Tucson Zone is #1 in the mission right now.
Our zone rocks. I'm lovin it.
I love and miss all of you <3 Next weeks email will be better, my brain
just told me it's time to stop so we're stoppin.
Have a blessed week
Love, Elder Mitchell
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER NEWMAN.
| Just to give you an idea.... |
| "Everyone having so much fun without me" face |
| Still having so much fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment