| Both of the Elder Mitchells! |
| Temple Trip! |
| Another sweet Arizona sky. |
| "I miss couches." |
| Pretty sure there is a pic just like this in front of the Provo temple--Elder Judy and Mitchell, together again. |
There is just so much to do all the time. For starters we had zone meeting this week, went super good, it was mostly just training on our new app "Area Book Planner" which was ROUGH at the beginning. We are literally digitizing everything, we don't even use paper or pens anymore. Buttt, the app is super useful as well. It will just take some getting used to.
Tucson Zone :)
Our zone has the sickest missionaries for real, I love these guys. Awesome thing is, THEY LOVE US BACK 😄 A lot of missionaries hate Zone Leaders just cuz idk, but our zone does the nicest things for us, they are always leaving notes on our car and stuff, and surprising us with treats. This week they dropped off a pizza at our house..IT ROCKS. We have a super good zone.
Malachai, Bikini Day, and Zenif
Some interesting stuff happened this week..we walked around campus with one of our investigators, Aaron, who is super chill, awesome guy, and found a bird stuck in a fence :( So we took him, named him Malachai and tried to get him back to health haha..we walked around the football stadium for a while. That was super sweet. A bunch of the Sororities also had a bikini day on Saturday...so yeah nobody was wearing clothes on Saturday!! That was kinda interesting, and confusing. Especially because we have a girl in our ward that is the President for one of the Sororities...idk. We met an interesting fellow at church...named Zenif, he seemed super distraught and shaky, looked probably 18 or 19 and just kept saying "I really need your help.." So we set up a time after church to talk to him. Turns out this guy is 31...WHAT. He has been inactive for like 15 years and has the most hardcore anxiety I have ever seen. He couldn't keep still. And guess what his concern was. HE WAS SCARED A GIRL HE LIKES DOESN'T LIKE HIM ANYMORE. Dude who the heck do you think we are...really weird conversation, he thinks his life is over and he thought we could solve his problems. We referred him to his Bishop all the way up in North Tucson, hopefully he can help him haha. TUCSON IS WEIRD MAN.
Investigators
Leah's: We are teaching 2 girls named Leah right now, both super awesome!!
One is getting baptized in December, she is actually getting baptized up in Flagstaff, but we are teaching her because she goes to school at UofA. The other Leah..is from Salt Lake City!! She went to Olympus, and hates it down here haha, her mom made her go to school out of state because she didn't want her getting baptized..well the opposite is happening haha. The sisters were originally teaching her, but since we know some of the same people and we have that SLC connection, we are going to be teaching her now :DDD
Reece: Reece is the freaking man. He is so chill, one of the most solid guys I've ever taught. He is super interested and asks tons of questions. And he totally believes everything. Gold.
Luis: Luis is a guy some missionaries talked to at a Family Dollar, and if anyone was ever solid, it would be him. He came to church with us yesterday and freaking loved it. During sacrament someone mentioned how we don't drink coffee, and after the meeting he was like.."We can't drink coffee?" I briefly explained the Word of Wisdom to him and he just said.."I love coffee and tea..but if it's not right I'll stop." TEARS OF JOY PEOPLE.
Honestly we have tons..we keep getting more and more referrals, like 12 non-members showed up to church yesterday, it was the bestttttt. But those are the main ones.
Temple Trip
I almost forgot!! We went to the Temple on Wednesday, it was a party. We drove these huge vans up, and had a good time. The Gila Valley is like 2.5 hours away, nice little road trip. It's always so weird driving through the Gila Valley, so many memories, a year ago!!
We've been doing a lot of other small stuff for finding. This week we did a huge Plan of Salvation chalk art thing in front of the institute, it looked really good until it rained haha. We'll do it again sometime. We also set up a info booth on campus, mostly just inviting people to the Institute activities, it wasn't too bad, we'll get better with time.
My hamstring is not getting any better haha, every time it starts to heal I go and mess it up again because I want to play Rugby so bad!!! But this week I'm definitely not going to be able to do any sports..it's just so hard to sit and watch..that's like one of the only "fun" things we get to do as missionaries. Ugh, but yeah it hurts way bad, still can't walk. Every time we do sports I just take a bunch of pain killers, rub icy-hot on it, and stretch a bunch. I always regret it after haha. Life is good.
Things here are going super swell, we are staying busy, having a good time, YSA is tons of fun, the kids are awesome, activities are blast! I love all of you!!
Have a swell week y'all.
Love,
Elder Mitchell 🙇🏼
No comments:
Post a Comment