strange things every day...today was especially weird. We came back
from basketball (we play every Monday morning) and went to the ASL's
apartment to eat breakfast, since they live in the same complex as we
do. First of all, I get an email from Nick Elg!! Talking about how he
saw my video from his companion..he was wondering if I knew the ASL
Elders, which I do very well..just so happens his companion was MTC
companions with Elder VanDerwerken who is the ASL missionary in our
ward. And since ASL missionaries video chat each other, Elder
VanDerwerken and Elder Elg's companion were communicating, while we
were making breakfast, when all of a sudden Nick comes on the
screen!!!! Holyksdjfqkdhf. Best 10 minutes oml. I haven't seen Nick
for 2 years!!! It was so awesome, he goes home next transfer.
Anywayyyy...after that we walk out to a man having the worst breakdown
I've ever seen. Better than a movie. No joke. His girlfriend dumped
him (from the info we gathered) well...that was definitely not what he
was wanting to hear this morning...not at all. Screaming at the top of
his lungs running around the apartment complex, while on the phone
with his now ex-girlfriend. Things like "I HAVE A GUN IN MY HAND AND
I'LL KILL MYSELF RIGHT NOW IF YOU DONT GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE." With
many more obscenities of course. And no, he didn't have a gun haha.
After about 20 minutes of this guy losing his crap, and Elder Ruiz and
I laughing the whole time..the cops finally show up, they were still
there once we left. Haha #GOODTIMESINTUCSON.
Some other things we did...we had a service project helping the
homeless out at the most ghetto park I've ever been to. They made it
clear to not provide any razors..since its so hot the homeless people
really dont wanna be here anymore haha. Horrible. But that was very
strange...as is everything else, talked to a lot of people. We were
informed to leave immediately by police officers because someone came
to the park threatening to kill all of the homeless people, he had 2
fully automatics rifles with extended mags #Dang. They arrested him
pretty quick. LOVE THAT. I also ripped my slacks that day..really sad.
Apologies, but I'm gonna cut it off there because I cant focus and
everyone is hollering to come play sports...but a lot of other stuff
happened too!! And everything is going great still, time is flying by
I dont even know what to do..each day feels like 20 minutes. Its
crazy.
Everything is going great for me though. Transfers are next week, this
one flew by. Me and Elder Ruiz are anticipating another one together,
but you never know. I wish I wasnt so busy...although its a good
thing, I just feel I never have much time to just sit back, and
reflect on whats going on around me. My emails are always so scrambled
and I can never remember the important events that happened during the
week haha. I'll try to do better with that.
Sorry this weekly email is so freakin lame haha, next weeks will be better. My mind is just crazy rambled. We are way busy with missionary work! Right now we are mainly working with kids..Part member families..and a lot of less actives/recent converts that are struggling. We are busy as heck!
But life is great, thanks for everything you and dad and everyone else
do for me!! I love you guys!!
I love you all, I miss you all. My prayers are with you, especially
the Williams family and Grandma and Grandpa.
Love, Elder Mitchell
I PROMISE NEXT WEEKS EMAIL WILL BE BETTER I JUST CANT RIGHT NOW IM SORRY
| Mini Golfing...ended up with 3 hole in ones, 5 over, not too shabby, i'm lookin at a few different colleges right now for scholarship. |
No comments:
Post a Comment