Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, July 20, 2015

Memories...

This week has been nostalgic...not saying I've been trunky, just happy memories flooding back <3

1. I guess we will start with Kneaders, just opened one of these bad boys up in..you guessed it, East Tucson baby. I had no idea it originated in Utah haha. It's already a huge deal here. We went last week, you would have thought we walked into a red carpet event. EVERYONE was LDS, and like 5 people were from the Bountiful store opening it up. Not only did they give us free breakfast, but 3 different people gave us money to buy more, one of them was the owner of Kneaders himself haha. Brought so many memories of me and the friends waking up early to go get some french toast before good ole WX. Or ditching assemblies. (We never did that) Anywhoo.
2. The Mall..so we aren't usually allowed to go to the mall, for good reason lol, unless we have something specific we need. Well Elder Ruiz needed to go to Lens Crafters to get some new contacts..AND THEY HAVE A FREAKING H&M AND A TILLY'S AND A ZUMIEZ. It destroyed me, I haven't seen those 3 stores in a year </3 I can't wait to shop again. Im such a female. 

3. Mr. Paul Howell, that's right ladies and gents, paid me a nice visit at TR this past Friday evening. My connection to home has not yet been severed :') BUT IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE HIM. Alo, your husband shared that you still read my emails..(actually surprised any of you still do) and I just want to let you know I miss you dearly as well. I'm planning for a trip to St. George...let's see August 2016? c u then. Love you guys. 

What a wonderful week (unintentional alliteration) of flashbacks.

On to further business...I apologize for the length.
We are teaching a crazy chick. Her name is Emmalee. She is 18.  Im not sure if it's drugs...some sort of social disorder..or mental illness, but I will ATTEMP to portray the strangeness of said female, without sharing all that has happened because it would just be wrong. So she was a referral...we go over to contact her (she literally lives in the complex next door). She just got done with high school, her family kicked her out for some reason, she has been a member her whole life but is currently inactive. Since she is YSA aged we contacted the YSA Elders, who we work a lot with, good friends. And we kinda get to know her for our first lesson. She seems..normal..ish. Hate to ruin the story, but we were wrong. She texts us every day...all day. We stop replying. So then she threatens to kill herself. She has texted us some pretty disturbing things..so then we go over to have a talk with her and she acts like nothing freaking happened. What the heck lady. She also is a compulsive liar. She told us about her boyfriend that worships Satan and how he holds her back, so we asked if we could have a lesson with the 2 of them. She was really hyping him up to be some horrible Satan worshipper that was going to hate us, well he kinda disappointed in that aspect. We were hoping for an exciting story. Instead we got a baptismal date. (Not complaining, just wishing he wasn't YSA.) Anyway this has been going on all week..until we get a text Friday night that says.."Just letting you know you will be seeing an ambulance next door tonight." You have got to be kidding me Emmalee. So we have a quick little conversation and then we call the police. She wasn't happy about that haha. Luckily the cop was an RM, made it easier for us.  As I was saying..she was pretty distraught we would call the police on her, "Why would you call the police?!" Because you threatened to kill yourself Emmalee. "But why THEM!" Because that's their job Emmalee. 
People are frustrating.  

Sorry but I'm not done. It's just been an eventful week and I feel like sharing.

We have had a bunch of move ins lately, 2 of whom are a newly wed couple, 19 years old (holy I know these kids are nuts) and have a kid. Also Nate, the father of the family, just got baptized in May. Really nice, not sure they should have responsibility for a family yet..but anyway. We have been working with them a bit since he is a recent convert. His wife has strange brain bleeding..and actually has a chance of dying. The Tucson Medical Center (huge hospital I love it) is in East Tucson, so anytime someone needs a blessing Elder Ruiz and I giddy on up over there. It just makes me wanna be a doctor more haha. So we give about 2-4 blessings a week on average. Exercising those priesthood muscles uh huh. So we went to go give her a blessing this past week and it was kinda dramatic...Nate is really losing it because he doesn't want to lose his wife (understandable) but he is losing it just a little too much. She feels hopeless because he is basically a shell...even though, as of right now she is totally fine. Kinda a sad situation. 

MIRACLE SHARING TIME KIDS

1. Finally. We have been teaching this family of 3, Brian the father, Taylor, and Hailey (his daughters) none are members. They have been coming to church every week, and LOVE having us over..we keep asking them to commit to a baptismal date and they just sit there and stare off into space and say "I dont know" PLEASE JUST SAY YES OR NO I CANT DO ANYTHING WITH I DONT KNOW. So it's been this way for a while, very indecisive bunch. Then yesterday, Hailey came up to us and said she wants to get baptized on her Grandmas birthday!! Which is in 7 days. Holy. But such a blessing, so we are gonna make that happen and hopefully Brian and Taylor soon follow, they will :)

2. We got a call from a RM in a YSA ward telling us he has been sharing the gospel with a coworker of his. (Member missionary atta boy). The coworker has been very receptive and accepted a Book of Mormon as well as meeting with us!! And GUESS WHAT, family of 4. Boom. Our work is starting to pay off here. 

Transfers happened, tomorrow is actually transfer day, Elder Ruiz and I are the only companionship in the zone that isn't changing..Elder Farnworth is coming here, that'll be fun. Besides that a few weird kids. Lol, not judging. 

Well..I am terribly sorry for how long this is, I hope some of you find enjoyment out of reading, I just really felt bad for how lame last weeks was. 

Love you all, thanks for the support, the emails, the letters, they are all appreciated. Time is going by just too quick. 

Love, Elder Jesse Mitchell <3333333333333<33333

Sorry the pic is lame, it's all I got. As you can see, I got booted out
of my front and center position next to Elder Ruiz (notice matching
pink ties) second row will do I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment