Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell

Elder Jesse Thomas Mitchell
"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 133:37

Monday, April 20, 2015

Man.



Sometimes I think my mission is gonna slow down for a minute...but then it doesn't, ever, for 8.5 months. And then I realize I'm more than 1/3 done and I feel like I don't have enough time! I literally need like 5 years to accomplish everything I want to and become what I wanna become...never realized how short 2 years is. 

I'm so so so freaking glad I got sent here...I couldn't think of a better place to be, it's just filled with awesome people, awesome missionaries, perfect weather, delicious food, everyone speaks english, and everyone likes the missionaries!! Dang it rocks. 
Oh my goodness Elder Deyarmond got emergency transferred D': President called Thursday night and said that a missionary in Tucson had to go home and Elder Jacobs needed a companion. (Elder Jacobs went to Layton btw..I've talked to him a couple times over twitter and such) So Elder Deyarmond left Saturday morning at like 6. CRYING. TEARS. He was literally like my little brother we were such good friends...but it was awesome to hear President talk about how he was so happy for all we did for the zone and the mission, he told us he didn't think that there was a better companionship in the mission and putting us together at that time was totally inspired. He said we were the example of a companionship that every missionary should have. :'D He's doing great in East Tucson though, I've talked to him a couple of times.
Plus I still got Elder Pectol, I freaking love him...Idk why God is giving me such great people to be around, like I don't deserve it! And my companions don't deserve it either haha, I honestly feel bad for them sometimes. But life is just so gosh darn dandy isn't it. So I'll definitely be here for 1 more transfer, 6 whole months here in beautiful Sierra Vista! <3 Lucky am I.
We are still just having so much go on, Neriah is getting baptized on Saturday...she's probably the best investigator I've had no lie, and she's freaking 11...she's a genius. She's so pumped I love her. Her mother, Miriam, still wants to get baptized but she said she's gonna try to straighten out her life first because she wants to do it the right way. *applause* She is always like "Adultery is bad right" in her super Mexi accent and we're just like "Yeah Miriam it's bad." and she's all "Oh no...I better stop.." hahah so funny.
And we also got a call from Oregon last week from a guy that was like "Hey this is Bro. Armstrong...my grand-daughter lives in your area and I want you to go baptize her." Easy enough, so we went and talked to her and she was like yeah I wanna get baptized...so there we have it folks. Her name is Chloe. Blessed art we.
We went on a super intense hike this morning..i'll send pics blah blah blah I just can't believe how fast this is all flying by and how much my life is changing and EVERYTHING AND IT'S JUST AWESOME HOW REAL AND HOW MUCH THE GOSPEL MAKES SENSE AND HELPS EVERY ONE WITH EVERYTHING AND OUR CHURCH IS JUST THE GREATEST AND I'M SO LUCKY TO BE A PART OF IT THANK U. 

I love and miss you all as always so pls keep in touch and write me every once in a while :D 
Love, Elder Mitchell <3








No comments:

Post a Comment